Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 72

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

In other news, I finished my tutoring program today, so that’s good. I’d be lying if I said I won’t miss some of the kids though. It feels great when they start to feel comfortable and open up to you. At the same time, it can be pretty heart breaking. A lot of these kids come from real rough backgrounds and it shows :tear:

Dirty Sanchez and lostawholeyear like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Got a B on a paper I wrote the day before and somewhat edited the day of, so that’s tight. Then got an A on these journals that we were supposed to be writing all semester but I did the night before. This is for the same teacher that was like, “this isn’t the type of class where you can BS and do the work the day before.” We’ll see about that B-)

About to give a presentation on something I know very little about so that should be rad. Thankfully it’s a group presentation so I’ll have some cushion. At this point in the semester I barely care about quality. I’m just turning shit in

supernovagirl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Lol truth

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

What is second semester like? I know what the fuck im doing now so hopefully i make less toxic friends

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

If you go to business school, anytime a teacher makes you do something dumb or irrational and you point it out they brush it off with “that’s what happens in the real bussines world so you have to learn how to cope” lol

6. @@ron

Regular

I just got accepted into a Master of Architecture program. I'm excited and nervous.

The Lucky Moose and danielm123 like this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

done with finals, wrote about 25 pages from sunday to last night and it feels good to be finally fucking done

8. Dog with a Blog

Congrats ma dude

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

10. Dog with a Blog

Nope! This weekend/week will be absolute hell. Then one more week after that which will also suck, but a little less so.

Good news though. I just got back a pretty extensive multimedia project and a longform writing assignment, both of which I did the night before they were due and got A’s! So, seeing that alleviated some stress.

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

godspeed bud, hope your hell is less hell than mine was. congrats on the A's! what were the projects/assignments about?

12. Dog with a Blog

For the multimedia assignment I had to design a project for jr high or high school students (I picked 12th grade) that incorporated multiple facets of the common core standards. So for the first part I had to come up with and design the project for the students, then I had to come up with a way to show them how to go about it logistically, and then for the last part I had to do the assignment as if I were a student. Then just had to do a bit of writing on it. I ended up going with an assignment that required them to make an opinion piece for YouTube. It wasn’t hard, just a lot of steps.

Then the other thing was fairly easy as well, just a lot. And I could have been doing it all throughout the semester but come on, it’s me. We’re reading this book called The Art of Critical Pedagogy that’s basically just about pedagogical theorists and how they’ve implemented their style into different classes. Anyways, we just had to go through the chapters and select quotes from the text and then sort of interpret them into laymen’s terms. Then we had to do some reflection. Not hard at all, but incredibly tedious and ended up being around 15-20 pages handwritten.

13. Dog with a Blog

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oh wow this is basically how my high school experience went to a certain extent. a lot of project based learning. it fucking ruled

how's that book? been thinking about looking into pedagogy more cause it was thrown around a lot at the research conference i went to recently, and i figured if im gonna kick around the idea of grad school i may as well really look into it. also you and i handled semester long projects exactly the same this semester hahaha. completely unsurprising.

tbh, unsure! i don't think any of them were utter dog shit, exactly, but none of them were my best work either. That Liz Phair paper was definitely pretty rough, so i'll definitely do the worst on that one, and im automatically down a lower letter grade because i didn't do the semester long components (bc it felt like busy work and i hate busy work but im an idiot). The other ones were both for film classes, and the one that was just a paper was pretty simple but i definitely wasn't sure i grasped the theory and i feel like it shows. so that one is probably gonna be a bit better than the Liz Phair project but not much. Last things were my film journals, which were also supposed to be written throughout the semester (four of them). those had a much looser set of criteria i had to meet so i anticipate im gonna do quite well but i don't necessarily think i engaged with the material as much as i should have so we'll see. this is a lot of text to say im not sure of anything ever

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I found out today my semester break isn’t as long as I was hoping. I go back Jan 7.

16. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Taking my last final in a few hours . Good luck peeps

17. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Had two finals this morning, calc 3 and physics 2. I spent way too much time studying for physics and not enough for calc so I feel like I did shit on that. Was hoping for a B in the class but I guess that won’t happen

Dirty Sanchez and lostawholeyear like this.
  18. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Calc & physics finals on the same day sounds like a nightmare

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

history final tomorrow and english project due also

and I am done with school for the semester

20. Dog with a Blog

Congrats, Cobra. This is your first semester back in awhile, yeah?

21. CobraKidJon

yessir first semester back with two classes and next one I have to do three and I’ll be back at finishing the first half of college.

22. Dog with a Blog

Congrats ma dude

23. danielm123

Trusted

Ok, so, I had one final this morning and now it's time for my statistical mechanics final that I'm way underprepared for. So... let's hope for the best

24. Dog with a Blog

Two...more....assignments...

25. CobraKidJon

I was all worried because I was one of the last people to finish my history final so i assumed maybe I was dumb and everyone was smart but I still got a 85% and passed the class with an A.