Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 68

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

somehow still haven't dropped out

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

The class average of my first statics exam was a 53 (someone legit got a 0), and I got a 38. I think more than half the class is failing at this point since almost everyone failed the first quiz too. So yeah this semester is going lovely

danielm123 likes this.
  3. danielm123

Trusted

I had two different professors come into class two days in a row and say that grades on the first test were "very disappointing." Meaning: most people got around a 50. It feels very strange treating a 68 like a good grade.

4. Jason

Regular

If you're referring to Statistics, then I feel you. That class is like trying to learn 5 different languages at once.

5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

No I mean statics, lol, it's a type of mechanics, it's like forces in equilibrium and stuff. Statics and statistics are hell but in their own ways lol

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

So I got my midterm grades today and despite my 39 average in statics I actually have a D in the class. This guy must be hella curving this shit lol

The Lucky Moose and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Jason

Regular

Well I feel dumb......
    lol

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I've reached that point of the semester where i start slacking off everything and it is BUMMing me out.

I forgot to turn in my weekly history homework yesterday because somehow I told my brain I already turned it in.

I have been casually missing assignments in history thinking i can do the extra credit to get them all back.

9. Dog with a Blog

I wish I wasn’t such a pisspoor student. Like, as of right now I probably have A’s in every class but it will all be coming to a head soon and I am not prepared at all and really freaking out. But at the same time I just cannot find the drive or energy to do the work. It fucking sucks. I’ll take C’s at this point tbh

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

There is quite possibly no better feeling than talking to other students and realizing all of you are in the same fucked up place

EmmanuelSCastle and danielm123 like this.
  11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Gah, I tried to save my essay when I was one page away from finishing and it deleted itself and document recovery didn't have my back. It only took me like two hours, but it's a such a bummer cuz I was proud of it and my drive is gone so I don't think I can pull off something that good again. Already struggling to rewrite the first p

12. Dog with a Blog

Noooo! That is the worst. Had something similar happen this week but I wasn’t that far into it. Did you end up redoing it?

Also, I feel like every week I’m like, “just need to get through this week” and then the next week comes along and I’m like, “I just need to get through this week” lol. This semester is killing me

13. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i miss college

alexa play i love college

14. Dog with a Blog

You miss the idea of college

15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

no dude i was a history major so really the only thing i did was write like 10-12 essays a semester

the weeks those weren't due i basically didnt have to do anything related to class outside of actually going to class

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’ve been having so much trouble this semester finding my motivation.

I finally decided to just fail my one class and not worry about it anymore (after meeting with my professor to discuss my options) it was one of the most freeing decisions. It was like a huge weight lifted and now I can focus on my other classes

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah I redid it but it was definitely another rough(er) draft as opposed to a second, final draft. Not that I would have done a second draft in the first place, but having to write it again certainly didn't mean it was better this time around.

The week before last, I thought I just needed to make it to Wednesday to be out of the woods, then I made it and it was glorious. Then we had a week long break and I didn't do any work so now I'm back to being fucked until next Wednesday. Still blowing off all work tonight to watch horror movies tho

18. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I've been in the habit of trying to get every assignment done by Wednesday night/Thursday morning so that I can have the weekend to chill. Tonight's the night I grind it out again.

19. CobraKidJon

my English professor went on like a 10 day trip so now everything is online so now I can’t last minute scribble a essay in history class.

20. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

The city my campus is in is planning on installing parking meters throughout the city and that includes the streets on our campus. This is shitty. My school said they have already expressed their outrage and opposition and encourage us to contact city hall as well but I doubt that will change their minds because it's all about the money

21. danielm123

Trusted

Had my second thermodynamics test today and I actually think I did alright. Which probably means that I actually got a 50. Only 3 more tests left this week

22. CobraKidJon

my last big essay for the year is due next week and I have no time to start it because I'll be gone all weekend UGH

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Thought one of my biggest projects was due this week but it’s due the 20th :verysad:praise be

How’s everyone feeling about the final stretch?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

After tomorrow I’ll have basically the whole month free to put off all the work I’ll be in here complaining about by December. Semester’s definitely going by quickly.

25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious