Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 67

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I know man :verysad:

danielm123 likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

ain't nothin like putting together a presentation a couple of hours before it's due. God, why am I so bad at doing homework? None of the assignments I've had this semester are hard at all, yet I still find myself putting them off until the very last moment. REEEE!! I do this to myself, I know, but it's still frustrating

3. justin. Sep 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It's parent weekend and I've seen a lot of happy families walk around campus while I look forward to walking back to my apartment to sit in my room alone. College is kind of lonely if you don't party.

One positive thing is that there is an arcade machine in the lobby of my apartment and I got to 2nd place this evening. I'll try to get to 1st place before fall break.

Edit: the game is GALAGA

danielm123 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

There's nothing I want more in life than to be done with school. Fuck. Losing so much motivation

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

we have a 5 page essay due on Thursday so my teacher wanted to have a writing class today.

There was like 20 people in class today and as soon as everyone found out it was a writing day, half the class bailed out and that bummed me out.

I took full advantage and managed to get some solid advice on my first 2 pages.

6. danielm123

Trusted

I still enjoy school, for the most part, but I'm getting really sick of physics. So much homework, and it's usually just the same problem over and over again. And my first test is on Thursday. I'd be nervous, if I didn't already expect the class average to be about a 50. Somehow, no one having any clue what's going on in a class is somewhat comforting.

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I like when I have a small enough assignment so that I'm not miserable at the thought of doing it and I'm instead excited at the thought of having it done before the evening is up so I can then do the things I would normally do if I didn't have an assignment to do (watch horror movies, play music, etc)

Still gotta do that assignment tho

And here I am

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Tomorrow and Wednesday I have the last written exams of my MBA. After that it’s all papers and my thesis. Thank fucking God.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Congrats!

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

11. The Lucky Moose

Finance and Accounting exam today. God I hope it’s now a shitshow lmao

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

13. The Lucky Moose

I killed that shit

Dog with a Blog and danielm123 like this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm getting to the point where I'm doing the bare minimum to get decent scores on my assignments and quizez, but I'm not really retaining the information. Normally this would be fine but this class (anatomy) is like the foundation for everything else I'll be learning in nursing school so it's not ideal. I'm just so burned out.

15. CobraKidJon

I was on academic probation so I had to take only two classes and my grades are really good so now they want to try me on 3 or 4 classes and that makes me nervous still.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I take four classes per semester. Other students tell me they take 5 or 6 but there’s not way I’ll do that. I’d rather take my time and get high scores than to get decent scores and graduate early/on time.

supernovagirl and lostawholeyear like this.
  17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I had a horrible time in anatomy (lab). Our physiology/anatomy classes were separated so that the lecture was physiology focused and the lab was anatomy focused, so none of the material really overlapped. All I can say is that you'll have plenty of time with similar material in future classes and especially in nursing school. Just focus on doing well in the class- you'll have a lot of other opportunities to really let it sink in.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  18. danielm123

Trusted

I have my first thermodynamics test on Wednesday and I haven't had any time to study yet. Not that there's really anything to study. If I don't understand now, I can't imagine reading the textbook would help

19. CobraKidJon

there is this dude in my class that the last assignment he did was like miD September and I’m just like WHY.

also we have to post our essays to a certain site so everyone can read them and I guess a bunch of people loved my essay and MEHHH. Essays still suck.

20. Dog with a Blog

ever feel so overwhelmed by everything you have to do so you just sit there and do nothing? It me. I broke my laptop so now the only time I can write is when I'm as school pretty much. It fuckin sucks.

21. The Lucky Moose

Had my final written exam today. I feel like I passed. Thank God.

justin. and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Dang dude, congrats. So that's it?

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

No, it’s just that from now on it’s all papers rather than written exams lol but hey at least the insane studying is done

24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

A professor just emailed me sincerely apologizing for not having my test graded, because she almost died yesterday...

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Like grading tests should be the last thing you're thinking about mid hurricane flooding