Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. scroopy.noopers

: (

3 C's and a B+. thanks, depression.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

finishing with a 3.49. thank god my gpa got cleared when i transferred, i had a 2.5 at my old school

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Still waiting on grades from this semester, only taking two classes really in the spring then I'm done

4. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I'm 4+ years removed from graduating and STILL having that dream where you realize you hadn't been going to a class all semester.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and sophos34 like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that shit will follow me to my grave. sometimes im back in high school, sometimes im at my college, sometimes its an unidentified school

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Got a 4.0 for the fall semester, and it's my first one! Really a marked difference in my GPA once I finished my gen eds. One semester left, let's see if I can go twice in a row :-)

7. scroopy.noopers

: (

got my last grade this morning and got a b+ when i was expecting somewhere between a d+ and a c. god is real.

8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

when does everyone go back? i just checked and i'm back the 26th which is the latest its ever been for me

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Already back haha

10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

that aint right man

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Tomorrow for me :/

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

23rd

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Heading back today, and that's only because I decided to skip the three classes I would've had starting last Thursday

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

17th

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

About to start semester four and all I can think about is how the college thing seems incredibly overrated and I'm waiting for things to really click for me

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Idk if you're still doing gen eds, but college didn't really click for me until probably halfway through my fifth semester.

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, my last gen Ed is this semester (probably?? I'm still wait listed lol) but my other 4/5 classes are all major specific (they're all English classes). The thing with this is maybe my major isn't as focused as I want it to be yet -- want something more in the creative writing vein but that's still a while out. Who knows, maybe this will be the semester, though.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Are you at a liberal arts school? Because for me, 2 years of lame gen eds and unfocused major classes was part of the deal, haha.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think it'd be fair to call it a liberal arts school, seems like all the gen eds are pretty broad and everything. I'm not sure really how broadly that definition can be applied lol. I took a bunch of gen eds but was also able to exempt a handful of them bc of AP credits, so a little less painful overall

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

dont worry, im in my 6th year or something and college only clicked for me last semester. once you start taking classes you're actually interested in everything changes

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This is reassuring. I'm just mostly thinking that it feels like I could've read the textbook or researched online and gotten the same amount out of some classes -- that engaging, person to person/human element isn't quite there yet, but maybe that's for the best. Actually, it has happened but not on a consistent basis. Almost double majored because of it though, so I'm not doing too bad I guess

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

My girlfriend starts Wednesday. I might go sit in on some big lectures sometimes for fun lol I wanna keep learning

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Next week I'm going back to the school (notre dame) where I started college in august of 2010. Six and a half years and two other schools later, I still have four semesters left before I get a degree from there but I'm super lucky and grateful to have the chance to go back for what will be the 3rd time. But also pretty nervous. And pretty old as fuck lol

Kiana likes this.
  24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Semester starts today but technically tomorrow since I only go Tuesdays/Thursdays this semester ayy

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

my guts are screaming silently at the prospect of class, prof seems uptight but at least it's my only class today