Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 59

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. danielm123

Trusted

If my professor actually reads this essay that I'm writing, I'm going to be pretty screwed. I'm pretty sure I've repeated the same thing 5 different times so far and I'm only a page in

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. scroopy.noopers

: (

All u ppl graduating god bless u. U did it. This shit is hard. Its ridiculously stressful

3. Dog with a Blog

Lmao FUCK!!!! I got my books mixed up and I returned a rental to school and they bought it for $20, not realizing it was an amazon rentallll

4. danielm123

Trusted

It's always so depressing when I'm the last one done with my semester and everyone from other schools are already moved on to summer while I'm still in finals. But, on the bright side, I'm done with all of my essays and projects, and just have three finals over the next three days and I'm done!

5. Dog with a Blog

You got this dude, so close! Where are you from?

danielm123 likes this.
  6. danielm123

Trusted

I'm from NYC (Queens, to be more specific). How about you?

7. Dog with a Blog

From SF Bay Area but recently moved to Long Beach which is right by L.A.

8. danielm123

Trusted

Going into physics final in an hour. I'm freaking out right now

Wharf Rat and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. danielm123

Trusted

Done with my last final and it actually went way better than expected. The professor pulled a lot of questions from past assignments so I knew how to do most of it. I'm free now until summer classes start. Yay!

10. Dog with a Blog

About to check my grades. Ready to R.I.P.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

3 B’s and 2 C’s. I’ll take it.

12. danielm123

Trusted

Still haven't gotten any grades yet. I'm at the point of frantically checking every hour. They technically have to be in by Wednesday

13. Me applying to grad school this week at age 29

[​IMG]

14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I just passed my calc II summer class!! I needed a 71 on the final to pass with a C. I only got a 65, BUT the professor bumped up 2 of my other exam grades to give me a C. This guy is great

15. Dog with a Blog

I’m not ready to revisit this thread

16. danielm123

Trusted

You still have two more months (unless you decided to take summer classes like I did)

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

none of us are

18. Dog with a Blog

Too soon

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

so the college that I'm transferring to has 2 different orientations "traditional" and "express" traditional is what everyone hsa to do but if you're over 25 you can take express which is like the bare bones version. I wanted to do the traditional one because I wanted to the full experience but it wouldn't let me for some reason. And the only one of the express left was july 26. that feels soo far away and I can't sign up for classes until after, so I am worried classes will be too full or picked over :anguish:

20. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Just paid $120 for an access code for a class that ends in one week. Here's to throwing away money!

Brent, EmmanuelSCastle and Mrplum5089 like this.
  21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

So glad I’m done with college, Physical Therapy school on the other hand..... don’t remind me

22. danielm123

Trusted

So, I'm seriously considering taking 21 credits next semester, but I think I may go crazy with all the work. It would only be 6 classes, but four of them are 4 credits. I need 5 of the classes for my majors, but I also have been taking Spanish classes this summer and want to continue with it in the fall. I'd probably forget a lot by January, since I would really use it. On the bright side, there won't much reading or writing in any of my classes

So, I guess I could use some opinions. Am I crazy for even considering this? Is it possible to do this without losing my mind?

23. Dog with a Blog

Are you working as well?

24. danielm123

Trusted

Not really. I do some odd jobs, but that probably takes up only 5 or so hours a week.

25. Dog with a Blog

Then I think it’s possible. Just depends on your work ethic. It would basically take up all of your time.

I wasn’t taking as many units, but I did take 5 classes last semester and worked full time and survived if that means anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

danielm123 likes this.