Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 57

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Turn in the same paper...just consider what he said

supernovagirl and danielm123 like this.
  2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

“We haven’t decided yet if your final exam is cumulative or not” THE FINAL IS MONDAY

3. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I miss this thread. Mostly because I miss telling stories about my insane professors, but reading y'alls stories about your insane professors make up for it. Good luck with finals everyone!

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

ugh I'm so stressed out. applications and such always stress me tf out.
    I finished my application for USF today but I found out I had to do loan exit counseling before they would transfer my transcripts. and that needed 2 references (what?? why? I already BORROWED the money. Why do you need references NOW?! I don't know people!!)
    I just want everything to be official so I can know what's going on. I can't get excited or motivated when everythings so confusing and up in the air right now

5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

The calc final today was bullshit. The other professor made the test and put shit on there that my class never learned. Someone mentioned that to her and she was just like "just do your best".

At least I'm done for the semester. Feels weird to be home tbh.

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

how far away from home are you at school? I'm like an hour and a half away and go home p much every weekend

7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

10 minutes, had a pretty substantial scholarship so I couldn’t pass it up. I usually go home on Sundays to eat with my family and watch sports (usually football) with my dad.

8. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm only an hour and a half away too. I go home probably like one weekend every month. But I mean it feels weird to be home and not have to go back in a couple days and worry about exams and stuff lol

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. supernovagirl May 9, 2018
    (Last edited: May 9, 2018)
    supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I have been going to a community college and living on my own
    I will be transferring to a state school that’s about 45 minutes away. But I still have my own place and will just commute.
    Even tho this is my “home” and where I grew up, my mom now lived about 30 min away in a different town. So definitely a different concept for me than you guys lol

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I'm only about an hour and a half away from home as well but keeping a car in Boston is $$$$$$ so I only go home once every 6 or 8 weeks when someone can pick me up at the train station.

11. danielm123 May 9, 2018
    (Last edited: May 9, 2018)
    danielm123

Trusted

I live at home since its only an hour or so away by bus. Much cheaper for me, after all

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I compartmentalize my school-self and my home-self so much because of the distance between the two. I have no idea what my life would be like if I didn’t have to ride the Greyhound for thirty-hours to get from one place to the other

13. danielm123

Trusted

And of course I get super sick right before a bunch of stuff is due and finals start.

Dog with a Blog and Mrplum5089 like this.
  14. atlas

Trusted

I just submitted the last paper of my educational career. Was a bunch of total bullshit but it was a gen ed class I didn’t care about and the last 3 credits I needed to graduate so who gives a shitttttt I’m done baybeeeee

15. Dog with a Blog

This happens to me every semester. RIP

16. Dog with a Blog

Congrats!!!! What was it on? Lol

17. atlas

Trusted

Lenin and the rise of the Bolshevik party!

18. Dog with a Blog

Live look at you turning in your trash fire paper

[​IMG]

19. scroopy.noopers

: (

Ended up failing two classes from the previous semester and trashed my GPA. Trying not to let it bug me, but I feel like my chances of getting into any masters programs are shot. I could probably petition to get my grades changed, but honestly, I'm so burned out on the bureaucratic bs that comes with doing anything in school. I just want to get my degree and leave.

Also, it sucks so fucking much that we have to pay so much money and go through all this shit just to learn. I really love learning in a classroom environment (most of the time) but everything else that comes with it, here in the US, is so discouraging.

20. Dog with a Blog

danielm123 and Mrplum5089 like this.
  21. Dog with a Blog

I fucking hate myself lol

22. danielm123

Trusted

OK, so I finally went to the doctor, got antibiotics, and am actually feeling somewhat better. That's the good news. The bad news is that I lost 5 days of writing papers and studying for physics because I was too sick. But I can do this!.... maybe

23. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Welp time to find out if this final is cumulative or not, wish me luck Chorus fam

25. Dog with a Blog

Good luck all. I have a final in 3 hours and I don’t need an A but I fucking need to pass it and as of now I don’t feel prepared.

Mrplum5089 likes this.