Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 53

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

thank you so much. finished putting it together this morning, presentation is in 40 min. really regretting the Adderall I took tho

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

You’re gonna do great! @EmmanuelSCastle

Also I found out my ASL final is telling a story AT A RESTAURANT with a deaf audience. Like !! So awkward and so much pressure

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

thank you! it went really well I think, I surprisingly ended up using all my time, which I should've expected bc I can talk about words forever.

are you nervous about the final? I'm sure the audience will be kind, and it seems like you're genuinely interested in it so I'm sure you'll do well when it rolls around. good luck!

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

Good!

I am nervous, it’s a long ass story we have to sign. I know I’ll be better than most of the class so that’s reassuring but it’s still nerve-wracking because messing up in front of the professor is one thing but messing up in front of Deaf people is embarrassing and feels disrespectful.

6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

hm. i get your feeling but i'd think of it as, if you want to actually use it the whole point is kinda to talk to deaf people right? i mean i assume you're not at the level where you're confident you'll be able to have a regular conversation perfectly right anyway so you're probably going to be messing up in real life. I don't think they'd be offended at all

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I wouldn't think of you making a mistake as disrespectful. someone making a genuine effort to learn is never a thing that should be controversial as opposed to people who take Spanish classes bc they think it'll be an easy grade. that makes me kinda mad cause like that's part of my culture and it'd be cool if it was respected but that's another discussion lol

8. supernovagirl

Yeah people 99.9999% take asl because they think it will be easy grade and it counts as a foreign language
    Honestly at least people take Spanish cause they think it’s a worthy skill. Asl is almost exclusively people who think it will be easy cause they already know the alphabet lol
    But yeah the mindset is similar

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah I mean I won't pretend there aren't issue at play -- like with college being as expensive as it is and with how few jobs there are upon graduating I understand wanting to feel like you got the most out of it from a monetary standpoint but like. yeah it sucks, sorry those are your classmates

10. Dog with a Blog

I say this every time, but this actually is the worst paper I’ve ever written.

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

To be fair, if you say it every time, it might be true every time

12. Dog with a Blog

Damn. You’re right haha.

13. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Last time I said this I got an A- and it was only a minus because I'm a moron and forgot that passive voice is bad

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

Another presentation to do tomorrow that I haven’t started at all. Blech. Wish I didn’t have to work tonight. Gonna hit panic mode later

15. supernovagirl

honestly it’s the last week of actual classes this week and I’m like wtf wait what?!?! When did that happen?!!

16. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

12 page paper due Tuesday morning, I should probably start soon

17. Dog with a Blog

Every weekend I’m like, “this is the one I catch up.” But then I end up just staying in bed all day until I have to go to work

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

MY PAPER THAT IS 50% OF MY GRADE MIGHT HAVE BEEN DUE ALREADY I'm not sure

but I'm just gonna do it tomorrow cause if it's already late it's not gonna be less late cause I flipped out about it tonight w/e

19. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I'm stressed out enough already and this is NOT HELPING lol

20. danielm123

Trusted

Why have I not found this thread earlier? I need people who feel my pain.

I spent all Wednesday stressing out and writing an 8 page essay due on Thursday only to have my professor come in and say "I realize I never actually explained what I wanted you to write about, you have until Tuesday to do the essay." That was mildly frustrating and I am now contemplating whether I should rewrite the entire essay or should I just leave it be

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Give it a day or two and then open up the document and start picking at it. If it needs a couple edits, no problem -- if it needs a complete rewrite, hell, you wrote the entire thing in one day from scratch so a rewrite ain't no thang

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I apologize but also it'll all work out one way or the other, friend. god I hope anyway lol

Mrplum5089 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  23. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I'm just gonna pull an all nighter and relax, I have so much time to write the paper over tonight and monday if I just don't sleep

24. Dog with a Blog

lol, welcome. You sound just like the rest of us

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I threw an Elvis record on and now all I wanna do is play Fallout..... Gonna be a long night