Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 52

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yeah you do but I'm not planning on walking /attending graduation (since I'm really just transferring to USF to get my bachelors)

Collin Skeen likes this.
  2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I would love to not walk but my family wants to see it so what can i do

Collin Skeen and Dog with a Blog like this.
  3. lobstervegan

Regular

I am ashamed by the number of times I've checked my grades to see if skipping some of these last assignments will bring them down too much

4. lobstervegan

Regular

The answer is yes btw

Collin Skeen likes this.
  5. Collin Skeen

Regular

I did this once in undergrad and I still remember the professor laughing when he read the first line: "I know that some people think he's a little too abrasive, but..."

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Update: I got a 52. Many did worse than me and got in the 30s and 40s. I saw like 4 people get above a 70. The professor let us fix one problem to get 10 points back, but does it really make a difference? Half the class still probably failed or barely passed.

Me and a few others went to the head of the math department to complain but he basically told us it might just be the students fault.

7. Dog with a Blog

my 5 page paper that was due tomorrow got pushed back to Thursday so now I have two more days to procrastinate

8. Dog with a Blog

I’ve been at school since 11 and have done absolutely nothing.

Maybe I’ll do work if I go eat??? Sound logic to me

9. Dog with a Blog

i wasted my entire fucking day and i still have a presentation due in the morning fuck. i dunno what's wrong with me

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm reading a HRM paper right now about what you're doing lol

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

A lot of the authors of the articles I'm currently reading for class look like Republican Senators from Texas

12. supernovagirl

Collin Skeen and Dog with a Blog like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

Collin Skeen and supernovagirl like this.
  14. supernovagirl

godspeed

Collin Skeen likes this.
  15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

So...many...papers...not...being...written

16. Collin Skeen

Regular

I don't have anything to procrastinate anymore and I still do it

17. Dog with a Blog

My presentation went very well, perhaps too well because afterwards she was like, “Wow, these presentations have been so great that I don’t think I’m even going to grade them. They’ll just add to your participation points.”

w0t!?!?!? What kind of backwards ass logic is that? If we’re doing well, just give us A’s wtf.

Anyways, I’m sick so I’m calling out of work today and gonna use that as a chance to work on my paper that’s due in a couple days

18. Dog with a Blog

I haven’t even picked what to write about yet lol

TedSchmosby and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

She was just being nice. They were actually shit.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

You’re a goddamn legend

21. Dog with a Blog

Ugh, no. I'm the worst lol. I dunno why I can't think of anything

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. supernovagirl

So the stress I had about ASL went on a roller coaster tonight
    Basically (and I think I’ve said this before but oh well) the professor has said she’s not grading anything the last few weeks of class. But she’s also super lax so Idk.
    Well today in class she was like this is your last week to turn anything in...and if you haven’t turned anything in yet (me) then don’t bother because if you haven’t done anything yet that shows you’re not trying so don’t bother
    So I’m lowkey sweating now like oh shit
    So after class I stayed with her and the girl who sits next to me (not to humblebrag but we’re the best in class by far, and to be fair it’s a class of like 10) and the prof just starts gossiping and talking shit with us about everyone else and I was like look I’m sorry I’m a procrastinator with turning in assignments but like I actually really care about the language and learning it and she was like oh don’t worry. I can tell when people are actually trying and I work with those. If you’re not going to pay attention or try then I don’t have patience, and that’s what the other half of the room is.
    So that was really reassuring and I’m taking it to Mean she won’t fuck me over....

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I have a presentation tomorrow and boy do I hate presentations. I always get nervous and forget what I wanted to say and then just read off the power point slides (which as we know every professor/teacher ever says not to do) and end up with a mediocre grade

24. Dog with a Blog

Lol, my classmate is giving me hope

AFEC1E75-582E-4ACF-89AF-217D979CF4A9.jpeg

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Have a presentation at a research symposium tomorrow on Phil Elverum and the bridging of high and low art except i haven't actually done the research, at least not the part that would provide me with qualitative findings. feel like i know enough about phil and transcendental literature to wing it for ten minutes though. wish me luck