Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 51

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. MysteryKnight Apr 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2018)
    MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Literally almost my entire physics class didn't finish the exam today. People that usually get 100+ on the exams even said it was hard. All I hope for is a nice curve.

Oh and I went for tutoring the other day for over 2 hours and even the tutor (an DOUBLE MAJOR in physics and engineering) struggled on most of the questions cause my professor gives us problems only Satan himself could solve

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Y’all can do it. I’ve had my hardships too, but I’m about to graduate from a good school with a great job. Just keep working hard and it’ll pay off.

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I have to do basically a semesters worth of ASL homework by tomorrow night..which includes reading an entire book and summarizing each chapter.... so uh. that's cool.

because she "doesn't grade thigns the last few weeks of class" I'm like biiiiiitch.
    I'm stressing but I'm also like...no way am I gonna fail right?! bc there are some kids in our ASL 2 class that she had and passed in ASL 1 and they can't do shit and don't know the language at all. so if she passes them she has to pass me. At least that's the logic I'm going with.

MysteryKnight and TedSchmosby like this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Handing in my final assignments today. Into exams now and all I have is an online three-hour test to be written any time before April 26. Now, do I start preparing right away and finish my semester early, or do I leave it hanging over me and take the next take two weeks off before writing it last possible minute...

5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

"The exam is really easy guys...study the review problems and you'll be more than ready for it"

Fucking bullshit. The test was like 10x harder than the review. Even the smartest people were shaking their heads in confusion. Ridiculous. Fuck calc

Wharf Rat and Dog with a Blog like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Oh god. I just spoke to a counselor about my classes for the next two semesters. They will easily be the hardest semesters of my life and I ain’t ready. 9 god damn English courses. I’m gonna have to stop working full time. No way I can pull that off

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

RT Fuck Calc

After my last Calc exam there were multiple people crying outside the room afterwards

Not me tho because I already did that after I failed the second exam

8. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

And the worst part is...I'm only in calc 2. I still have to get through calc 3

Dog with a Blog and Wharf Rat like this.
  9. Wharf Rat

i quit math after failing calc 2

10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My new professor plays Motorhead before class and uses words like aroused a lot

11. Dog with a Blog

Hmmm. One of the classes I need is offered as a summer course. I think I might try and do that to lessen the load.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Calc II was the worst. Well, tied with advanced o chem.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

I have never had a more worthless class than this Music in Film class. I could easily teach a more compelling course. I usually just skip, but when I do show up, all we do watch parts of movies and talk about the music in a very general sense. It's honestly amazing to me that someone is getting paid to "teach" this.

Collin Skeen and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. supernovagirl

LOL OKAY
    I skipped Bio today to stay home and speed read that book
    originally the test was tuesday...I skipped to give myself more time but found out she postponed it until today anyway. so I read through and did all the summaries just to get to class and find out it's been postponed again
    and pretty much no one else has done any other work either
    so that stress I was feeling yeah I'm no longer feeling it lol

Collin Skeen and Dog with a Blog like this.
  15. Wharf Rat

Few feelings better than finding out everyone else has been putting in as little effort as you

16. Dog with a Blog

I also love walking into a test and turning next to the person next to me and asking, "did you study?" and getting a solid "nope" or something like that

17. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Except when the person that says he didn't study gets an A anyway

Wharf Rat and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

that's me

19. Wharf Rat

same tbh

20. Collin Skeen

Regular

The person teaching really does make or break the class.

21. Dog with a Blog

Pretty sure I’m getting dat end of the semester sickness I always get lol

22. Wharf Rat

My department asked me to write a letter evaluating one of my favorite professor's case for tenure. Very excited to give them a glowing review. Would've probably been more fun to get to shit on someone, but I'm very happy to help a great professor get tenure.

23. supernovagirl

I'm literally freaking out because the end is so near but like I haven't even applied for graduation yet and I don't know when the deadline is and I'm kinda scared cause idk if I missed it haaaa I also have to take the computer literacy test and I'm putting that off for whatever reason. lol

Collin Skeen likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

you have to apply to graduate?

Collin Skeen likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog Apr 14, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I haven’t either. Well, not to graduate, but to attend graduation. Tbh, I probably won’t. Don’t care all that much

Collin Skeen likes this.