Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

#same
    I get to spend all day Thursday at the local independent theater and I am stoked. 11-1 my serial writing class shows our web series, 1-3 my Directing class shows our short films, then 5-10 is the whole Media Arts expo that I have a few things in.

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i just wrote a paper for 9 hours

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

I've been staring at the computer for hours not writing my final for psych. I have a stats final in the morning I still need to study for. I am the worst.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Man you guys are really making me think that naw I don't need to take those sociology classes after all. I am having rose tinted glasses where I remember liking to learn and grow but hate studying and writing long papers

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

After three semesters of college, I think I can firmly say the academic part pales in difficulty significantly compared to the social part. I'm an English major so I've basically gotten rid of the terrible math classes after this finals week, thank god

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. drewinseries

Drew

First winter without finals, first winter without spring break.

7. Wharf Rat

wow 2 amazing finals-related feelings today:

1. prof of class i have an A in announces final is optional because we fell so behind
    2. find out my other final i still have to do is 1,000 words shorter than i thought it was

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Finished my take home math final 2 mins before it was due so I'm also feeling good rn

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I took an optional final by accident not knowing I'd get an A either way in the class bc I'm dumb

10. LuigiPeppercorn Dec 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2016)
    LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

currently writing a 1500 word strategic implementation paper on pixar. this is the least fun because all of the instructions are so vague and my professor is bad

edit: i love quotes

11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

oh my god i finished my final paper of the semester. i genuinely can't believe it. i feel so good right now i cant even. this weekend will just be finishing my linkedin page and then applying everywhere because i'm going to need a big boy job soon. one semester left!

TedSchmosby likes this.
  12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

congratulations man! what are you taking? a paper on pixar sounds super cool

13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

thanks! it was a class called strategic management. it was a lot of learning the reasoning why companies do the things they do and the process of actually going through with it. pixar was a lot of fun to research, just very difficult to think of new ways to make them better because they already do so much.

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

wow, that's really cool. what were some of the possible improvements you suggested? i'd be really interested in hearing about that

15. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i focused on introducing a streaming service of their own and moving to a new type of motion capture for their films. disney already has their own streaming service of some kind so i had to do some mental gymnastics to get out of that haha. they'd be able to move everything in house and get off of netflix. the motion capture stuff is difficult because i genuinely don't know much about it from a tech side. i basically wrote about it being a big risk, but the hype around it could drive up sales the same way it did for avatar.

16. Wharf Rat

I really need to start writing papers before I have to. It hasn't backfired on me yet but it will eventually

17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Just have a 4-5 page paper due before I go to work at four and I'm done. Best of luck to any of y'all still finishing up today

TedSchmosby likes this.
  18. Wharf Rat

don't have a grade for this yet but it must've been pretty good because it was 25% of my grade and i got an A- in the class, a higher grade than most of my other papers in that class, so

Owlex and JRGComedy like this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Woohoo I am done, headed home on Monday. One semester left!

20. scroopy.noopers

: (

I've gotten away with hardly showing up to any of my classes and not reading/purchasing books, and still managed high B's and A's all semester. That is, until today. Just got done butchering one of my finals and I'm pretty pissed at myself cuz I stayed out til 8am on Saturday night. This semester was a nightmare, personally. Thank god its over.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I visited East Lansing over the weekend and it made me realize how much I miss college/living in a college town

22. Wharf Rat

Just finished my last one. Probably my worst one but at least I'm done.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  23. devenstonow

Noobie

somehow got a B+ in a class where I got a 55 and 65 on the midterms and a 73 on the final. also a 60, 20, and 65 on the three quizes. that's 90% of the grade.

hooray weird grading schemes/possible professor mistakes

24. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Got 4/5 of my grades back. 3 B+'s and an A-. Just waiting on one more class and thats it. Stoked that I did well, and I'm pretty sure I did well in the last one. Worked full time while being a full time student and really couldn't be happier

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Got an A in my internship class (needed at least a B since it's the capstone for my major) soooo I graduated