Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 44

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. MysteryKnight Feb 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2018)
    MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I have a calc exam on Friday and nobody in the class really understands how to do the material. My professor said she would go over the format of the exam and answer questions we had in class today. Only problem is that she didn't show up today so maybe we'll all fail. Me and a few other students emailed her asking if she would move the test to Monday (but as we know from last semester, she rarely answers emails)

Update: She actually moved the exam to Monday. I guess she couldn't ignore that many emails. Power to the students!

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I had my first bio test and it was the day after some lifechanging shit went down so I was literally shaking the whole time and guessed on legit half of it.
    I got a 85 and I was like, it's an actual miracle.

Turns out, my original grade was a 73. I was like thaaat sounds more like it haha but I guess with the extra credit and "adjusted for expectations"...I have no idea what that means, but I'm not questioning it.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Lol I haven’t done a single page of reading since I’ve started. I need to get to it this weekend. If I don’t, then I’m about to have a repeat of last semester blech

EmmanuelSCastle and Wharf Rat like this.
  4. scroopy.noopers

: (

Man, my college is really fucking with me. So I basically missed all these classes due to serious housing issues (bed bugs, insufficient heating, unresponsive landlord, breaking lease and moving somewhere else), and I just got an email saying that they are pushing back disbursement of the pell grants and using attendance information to figure out who qualifies for it. Ironically, I need that grant to help me with housing for the rest of the semester. The email never said what their new attendance policy is, so hopefully missing 3 classes so far won't kill me.

I don't get it though, because a lot of people who rely on the pell grant are over 24 years old and are financially independent. To be financially independent in this city means working a lot and dealing with real-life bullshit one typcially doesn't have to worry about while living under their parents' roof, so this new policy just seems likes its putting pressure on grown ass adults, not young kids skipping out on class to smoke weed and watch cartoons.

Sorry, had to rant about this.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

Ha. Got to school only to realize my afternoon class was cancelled. Gonna go back home cause I don’t even have another class until 7pm lol

6. Dog with a Blog

Lol. All my classes were cancelled today

7. Jason

Regular

First day of classes today. Went in nervous, during class I felt ok, then class was over and I was nervous again.

TedSchmosby and Dog with a Blog like this.
  8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I love days when I have an assignment due because that's also the day I will no longer have an assignment due

9. Dog with a Blog

lmao. love that line of thinking

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

me with this test that i half assed studied for today

11. Jason

Regular

But that's also the day they give us another assignment:concerned:

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. Jason

Regular

How do you feel motivated to continue in a class knowing that the stuff you're being taught isn't what you're looking to learn as well as it being something you know you'll never need?

I want to drop the class but then again I don't, because I attempt so many things and then quit; and I thought enrolling in a course would keep me motivated since I'm being graded and there's more structure in a class than private lessons, not to mention it's cheaper to take a class.

13. Dog with a Blog

Lol that’s like every class I had last semester. What class are you taking?

14. Jason

Regular

It's a music theory and piano class. One half of the class is us sitting at the piano, and the other is us in a classroom learning out of a book. I have zero need or interest in learning how to read music, but it seems like it's a big part of the class.

15. Jason

Regular

I really want to drop the class but I don't want to continue the cycle of starting something and not finishing through.

16. Dog with a Blog

I’ve had classes that made me feel like I was selling my soul and dying inside. But I’m glad I pushed through cause at least I got dem units

17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I feel so much pressure not to fuck up my classes this semester because it's my final semester of my AA and I feel like I'm going to do something to fuck that up and have to wait ANOTHER semester to graduate ugghgh

18. Dog with a Blog

I’m taking this Music in Film class which is basically just about film scores. Sounds interesting in theory but oh my god, it is so dull and mind numbing. And it’s three hours long!!!! Takes everything not to fall asleep

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Whenever my calc professor does something to piss me off, the next class she always does something that makes it impossible to hate her

20. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I got accepted to grad school this week which means I now have the most incurable case of senioritis imaginable.

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

What’s senioritis

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if sarcasm but if not, I’m in my last semester and I’m super unmotivated to finish a single assignment.

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought it was when you start to miss school before you finish

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Well looks like my roommate has the flu. How fucked am I?

25. Dog with a Blog

Ugh. I am not doing well. My classes aren’t hard at all but I’m so tired from work and actually being in class that I feel I never have the energy for homework

MysteryKnight likes this.