Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 43

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

@anthony do you have that god damn chest cold that’s been going around? If so, I had it for about two weeks and my professor that’s out has it and it turned into walking pneumonia lol

2. anthony

fuck i might. do you live in southern california?

3. Dog with a Blog

Long Beach, yeah

4. anthony

fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Wharf Rat and Dog with a Blog like this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

Lmao

anthony likes this.
  6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Nope, I grew up very close to the Mass border. Deadhead? Or actual wharf rat

anthony likes this.
  7. anthony

gotcha, used to be fairly active in the bicycle scene in new england, and lived in new haven. they had a big alley cat race called the wharf rat alley cat. it was fun. this was like in 2009 or some shit. this is probably more information than you care about haha

Wharf Rat likes this.
  8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I’m having trouble waking up for my 2:30 class this is not good

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I skipped class for the first time this semester but I am hoping it's the last time too. I have a three page paper for my film class tonight but I'm actually looking forward to it

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

first bio test is thursday, I'm very nervous.
    also, we had a current event due that I totally thought was due at 11pm but was actually 11am (who does that???) and we can't turn it in late and it's worth a stupid amount so that sucks. Current events are stupid anyway. I'm grumpy.

today there was such bad traffic that I was 20 minutes late to class. I'm neverrr late for ANYTHING so I was like apologizing profusely. I live less than 10 min from campus and I left 15 min before class...and I was 20 minutes late. that's how bad traffic was. My gas light also came on while I'm sitting in this traffic and I'm like omg please just let me make it to class.

11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Only having Tuesday/Thursday classes is pretty great. Senior year is going by too fast.

RileyWitiw and Wharf Rat like this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I've only ever had this schedule and I will be pretty salty when the day comes that that ends. I hope it never does haha

EmmanuelSCastle and Mrplum5089 like this.
  13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i felt like i was really doing well staying on top of things for the first three weeks and i just really dropped the ball today, and really last week too

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

We’ll never change

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

dark, but probably not untrue. it is 3:45 am and im working on this essay still lol so guess it's a pretty typical night in the college thread

16. Dog with a Blog

I’m glad we’re back on our bullshit

17. kassie09

Regular

Grad school is no joke. I have never in my life studied this much to only get like a 75% on a test

We have to get an 85% overall to pass so wish me luck

I have two bachelors and I didn't study much in either of those and always had straight As so wtf is this shit.

RileyWitiw and anthony like this.
  18. anthony

Gradschool was the legit the worst time of my life. I lost almost every (non school friend) friend I had, it’s the only time me and my wife ever fought, I had to go to school 7 days a week 15+ hours a day. Brutal.

The way my school worked especially was rough. They accepted 14 kids per year and kicked one out per semester.

So you had to be better than the bottom 4.

Plus if you got less than a b- they auto kicked you out.

19. kassie09

Regular

Well, that sounds absolutely terrible. I work full time so thank god it's not expected of me to be here 7 days a week.

20. anthony

ha, we werent allowed to work. they heavily frowned upon anyone working.

21. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Wtf what program were you in? Survivor?

22. Dog with a Blog

Got up at 8, got to school around 10:30. It's now an hour before class and I'm just getting started on homework. classic.

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm disappointed in learning the amount of countries where 50% is considered a passing grade. I wanna go there

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

everything is just harder in those countries

25. scroopy.noopers

: (

So week two is almost over. Three of my classes meet twice a week. That's twelve classes. I've only showed up to three. At least I can still do math, right?