Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I was always the same way, like I was confident I had 8 pages worth of material and then had to be like fine 2 pages that I feel are bad or else they'll fail me

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

My city got its first snowfall today. A reminder that this is the final stretch before the semester is over. How's everyone dealing?

3. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Anyone here ever had to interview a "professional" of something and present it to a class? I'm supposed to interview an HR rep about their job and what they do etc... but I have no idea how to just find someone and email them questions or whatever. Anyone have any advice?

4. scroopy.noopers

: (

I've surprisingly made this far keeping up with high B's with minimal effort, but I'm finding myself crumbling in the final stretch. I just want this semester to be over.

Maybe LinkedIn?

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I would always find someone I know who is even loosely connected to the job and make it work. I've also been known to fudge them.... maybe

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

this weekend/coming week is going to suck hard. multiple papers due, several finals, and a take home final all for this week. one of the papers hasnt even been officially assigned yet, like what the fuck

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm with you man, this week is packed for me. It's hard to even imagine getting it all done

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

one of my professors just sent out an email hoping everyone was having fun writing their paper thats due at the end of the week. he never assigned one. fucking damn it

Jacob likes this.
  9. Michael Hennesy

Haha I find that quite humorous. Good Luck:)

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

enjoying school work like a hobby is the dream

JRGComedy and Aj LaGambina like this.
  11. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Spent this entire semester in various states of breakdown. One week left let's goooooooo

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This was my last week of regular classes. Pretty surreal to think that I'll likely never have an autumn semester of college again.

josephcissell likes this.
  13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i'm not even stressed because of the amount of work i have due by next friday, i'm stressed because my boss wants me to work more hours than i normally work even though i told him weeks ago that i wouldnt be able to work at all these two weeks. i gave in

14. josephcissell

Regular

I’m in the same boat and it feels pretty weird. Kind of a mixed bag of emotions. Excited, but also pretty pensive about the future.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

So close to being done. Good semester but kinda freaked atm because one of my final papers is due Tuesday which I didn't realize because all of my others are a week later???

But all of my papers this year have been inexplicably good so, whatever. Papers I've thought were mid Bs at best, done in one day and that I haven't felt great about, have been As. Hopefully I can channel that magic this weekend lol

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Exactly! And I'm starting to line up things for after school and I already know I won't be broke or homeless. But still, it's strange.

josephcissell likes this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It is prob impractical but I kinda wanna take classes just for fun and not towards a degree. I already have a degree in sociology but the classes I took were more race-focused and although race does intersect, I ended up in a field dealing with at-risk low income families so I'd like to take sociology of poverty, sociology of deviancy, and sociology of marriage and intimacy. I wonder if I could swing one class a term. It's prob useless and a waste of money but I want to take them because I think I'd better understand the families I work with and tbh I kind of miss learning. I feel like I have gotten less informed and kinda dumber since I graduated lol.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

once my internship supervisor gets my evaluation in im done and will be getting my degree.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

honestly when my girlfriend starts classes next semester im gonna go to some big lectures with her just because i wanna learn stuff lol

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I would always have dreams at the end of the semester that I had registered to a class and then forgot about it and never went to any of the classes or tests lol. every semester

sophos34 and Kiana like this.
  21. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I like the idea. I know personally it wouldn't work for me bc if the grade doesn't matter then I'm not going to bust my ass. Lots of websites where you can take college level classes for free - idk if you'll find what ur looking for but doesn't hurt to look around!

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Same

23. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

had presentations today for my information systems class. four groups presented, we started at 12:15, ended at 2:15. god it was a long day. i thought my group was going to be real quick and we were up there for about 40 minutes. one of the other students didnt understand why people used netflix over illegal streaming services and completely irritated the professor and the class.

my professor gave back our final, which all of her class did extraordinarily bad on so she had to implement a 20+ point curve. i saw other students with 40's after the curve. what the fuck.

/rant

24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

It'll all be over soon!

... Well, for a few weeks anyway lol

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

friday!