Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. scroopy.noopers

: (

trying to come to terms with the real possibility of failing two of my classes this semester :(

i really fucked the pooch this semester and am debating on just chalking it up as a loss and focus on getting better and preparing for the spring

2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Well the calc exam I just took destroyed me. I don't even know what the fuck that was. I have a D in the class right now, probably soon to be an F

3. regardstomyself

Yeah, I'm studying mechanical engineering and a 9am is late to me haha. Even if I register as early as possible.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

My roommate is in mech eng and the dude managed to have nothing earlier than 11:30 all semester. He waited until the last possible day to register too, the madman

5. regardstomyself

Damn. It's hard to get away with that at my school, they just love to torture us I guess. I'm taking all grad courses and two gen eds next semester so I don't have to get up too early but for most undergrad courses here 9:00 is the sweet spot.

6. Dog with a Blog

I need to do the same man. I get so fucking distracted and then the time just disappears. I’m ok. I have so much to do while I’m on thanksgiving break and I can’t believe the weekend is already gone and it’s monday night. I need to kick it in to high gear this week if I want to save my grades

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

It really helps, I've managed to actually honest to God study like three times in the last week or week and a half which has done wonders for my Japanese class, as well as turn in old papers and new assignments. Definitely recommend for a bit. Glad to hear you're okay! The semester is almost over, and you're more than capable of pulling out a win. Good luck man

8. scroopy.noopers

so i think i'm going to ask for an incomplete from the two profs in the classes i'm on my way to failing. i think if i just explain my situation to them, they'll at least let me do that. i can't have 2 Ds or Fs, or even low Cs fuckin up my gpa right now.

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Sounds like a good plan. Incompletes don't affect yr gpa though? How does that work?

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

About to go to an open mic on campus bcuz college. I’m going to miss these after I’m graduated

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Had a 2000 word essay due today that I thought wasn't due until after thanksgiving...whoops. Thankfully it's with the most flexible professor EVER so it's not a big deal but I now have had to rush and do this thing since I got home from class and I'm still not done. Taking a small break now to eat.

HOWEVER on the plus side,
    today I found out that I really will be done with my AA after next semester and it just feels surreal that it really will be done and I can finally move on to a state university which is exciting but very scary/overwhelming haha

12. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait to get my calc exam back tomorrow to see how badly I failed. Most people I talked to also think they did bad, so hopefully the whole class fails and she curves it or something

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Sitting on egg shells regarding the grade for my Japanese test I get that it's a break but c'mon don't let me be anxious all week

14. scroopy.noopers

i don't think so? from what i've read on the school's fb group it seems better than taking an f or d, but i haven't found any info on the school's site. that's why i'm scheduling meetings with my profs; they'd know what would be the best option for me at this point, after explaining my situation.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah for sure. Hope it works out for you, good luck!

16. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Update: Class lasted 15 minutes and she did not give back our exams. Guess I have to wait until after thanksgiving break to find out

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

88.5 on my Japanese test 8)

18. Dog with a Blog

I’ve never been so depressed about school, holy shit. I’m doing so poorly

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

What's up? What's the bar here?

20. Dog with a Blog

Oh my god. I just witnessed, quite literally, the worst presentation I’ve ever seen. Made mine look like “I Have a Dream”

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. Dog with a Blog

Oh my gawwwddd. I just spoke with one of my English professors cause I feel I am doing very poorly and he said, “I don’t get that impression from you at all. If I was concerned I would have sent you an email telling you to drop the course. Just do well on your research paper and you should be good.”

I feel so relieved. Now there’s only one class I need to really worry about.

scroopy.noopers, Wharf Rat and dylan like this.
  22. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I failed my calc exam. Looks like i'll have to do really well on the final exam to pass the class. Not looking forward to that

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah these next two weeks are gonna suck. Christmas hurry up pls

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  24. scroopy.noopers

Just talked to one of my profs and they said if I can get a note from my therapist I can get an incomplete. That means I'll have until the start of next semester to finish my missing work. The only issue is idk if my therapist will sign off on that or if she can. However, my prof did say she would be flexible on my grade and late work either way, knowing my situation.

Now I have a meeting with another prof whose class I've done even less work for and shower up even less. Hoping I can get the same option from him, but it might be different since I know he is taking the next semester off.

25. Dog with a Blog

Damn. Finals comin up quick

scroopy.noopers likes this.