Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

4 midterms this weekend/following week. Seriously who schedules exam at 8pm Friday/Saturday night?

2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

update found it and got my lab completed thank the gods.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

update 2 got my homework times mixed up from different classes (7pm vs 2pm) and now I can't turn in my first homework for E&M :)))))))))

4. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Not using my degree and loving it.

5. kassie09

Regular

I miss college :(

But it put me in crippling debt, so.

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

What degree do you have?

7. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

@TedSchmosby Electronic Media Production, basically for doing AV work. Switched to software development after my capstone class killed any lingering love I had for it.

8. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Anyone have experience with SNHU? I'm considering taking classes online and they have some super reasonable prices and it looks like a legit university instead of something like Phoenix or DeVry.

9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I have a few essays to write over the next few days. Starting is always the hardest part. I have all these notes jotted down of things I want to say, but I'm a real stickler for writing chronologically, and so I mull over the first paragraph for way too long

10. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

i'm in a masters program thus i made the decision to put myself through this but i have an endless stream of homework and i am just so LAZY

11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

the emotional toll that college has had and does put on me (the experience as a whole) is like 10x harder than the work. i hope I'll look back and see that the experience, though difficult, molded me into a better being.

12. Michael Hennesy

Haha, that's like 90% of college students.

13. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

my ratio of time spent fucking around to time spent working in undergrad was much higher compared to now and i'm still having trouble finishing stuff on time, i think it's a difference of no longer having a class each semester that was a joke/required outside of major class vs now where it's four intense in major classes

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Went to private college, paid for with loanssssss. College debt I won't pay off for decades

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I absolutely loved college though; socially and academically I had an amazing time. Every time I go back to campus a flood of memories comes back to me. Now doing a Masters program to help me get out of my current job path; even doing a 2 page paper was a struggle(working full time as well)

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

What I miss the most about college is all the talks and panels and lectures outside of classes. Even tho I just went to them and never participated I still felt so involved and informed. Now I feel like I'm getting more ignorant everyday. there were so many discussions and panels with so many diverse issues and all kinds of different ppl and there just isn't that where I am now.

17. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i registered for classes for the last time today. i imagine this is what winning the super bowl feels like

JRGComedy and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  18. devenstonow

Noobie

"this homework is very simple, just copy and paste from the notes you took*"

*notes are also literally direct from the textbook

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

A bird just pooped in the library and literally everyone just kept doing what they've been doing

20. devenstonow

Noobie

i have a midterm on monday that is no calculators and the description of what it's on is incredibly vague.

like, at this point, i use my calculator for the simplest shit, even 5x=10 just so i dont make a minor fuckup

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  21. devenstonow

Noobie

wtf, my professor just gave a pop quiz in the middle of notes; it was totally unfair because some people had their notes out and their computer/the textbook and he had no problem with that...

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I really miss the days of high school where the whole term wasn't laid out on the syllabus. Some people may like planning ahead like that, but it just makes me feel guilty whenever I feel like I'm suitably caught up and I'm forever in a state of discomfort

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

See and I'm the opposite. I put my entire semester into Google Calendar and Wunderlist, then try to stay on top of things!

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah I never want to go back to not knowing exactly what's gonna happen when

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Is there a point to paper length requirements? I always wonder why it's an issue if I can say what I need to say in less words. I get not wanting them too long since someone has to read and grade a bunch of papers, but I was just thinking back to hs and some of the awful and redundant papers I wrote just to meet length requirements lol.

fame and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.