Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 29

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. scroopy.noopers

: (

thanks bro. there isn't any specified length; just gotta summarize the reading as accurately as possible. everyone else's presentations were like 5 mins. if i can't do that, i have a video that is about a minute and a half long lol

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Ahhh, the classic "video padding." Been there before.

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

i've been in the library for 4 hours and i havent written a fuckin word. what the fuck is wrong with me?!?!?

4. scroopy.noopers

i mean why work on hw when you could be doing literally anything else. pretty sure thats the official motto of students everywhere.

what fucks me up is how amazing i was in my first semester of college. i would get home from class and immediately work on hw and study all the time. one summer break later and i was never the same again

5. Dog with a Blog

I've been this way since junior high. I still havent started my paper lol. this is certainly the most apathetic I think I've ever been about school. It's not just school though, I feel apathetic about everything. I need to get a job. I find that when I'm working, despite having less free time, I am a lot more driven and possess more focus.

fuck, I just remembered I have a quiz in the morning FACK

6. scroopy.noopers

ugh fuck k-12 public schooling. i did not give a fuck and ended up dropping out when i was 17. maybe its senior-itis? i'm graduating next semester (supposedly) and i'm beyond burned out. every semester around finals i stop caring about my grades, but this time its happening way earlier.

its almost a quarter til 3am here and i still have a bit of reading to do for this presentation. but i'm gonna sleep and just slap some bullshit together in the morning. good luck, dude!

7. Dog with a Blog

And to you as well! Save for dropping my notecards prior to presentation which lead to some fumbling on my points, my presentation actually went pretty well and I'm sure yours will be just fine. I think you were totally right about being sleep deprived, it helps cause you just don't give a fuck lol.

I think I'm just not going to do this paper tonight and take the ding. I have a 12 hour day on tuesdays and I think some proper sleep is more important at this point. My problem is I always get here and I'm like, "WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU JUST DO IT EARLIER!?!?" It's an endless cycle.

8. scroopy.noopers

i did the absolute bare min for my presentation which was read almost word for word an outline i printed out. thankfully my prof interrupted a few times to ask questions to the class cuz i sure as hell wasn't going to engage lol

the only thing i have left to do in that class is show up and do a take home final in a few weeks. plus i don't have the class at all next week. its basically over and i can focus on the other class that i've horribly neglected

9. scroopy.noopers

enrolling in my final semester and have to take 5 courses to graduate fuck it fuck school i'm going to push thru my last semester of undergrad like an epic shit that i've been holding in for 5 years

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

How are you guys with going to sleep the night before class? Last year I would always be asleep before 11, but this year I’ve been less anxious and have been fine letting myself stay up late because I know come morning I'll want to stay in bed no matter how long I’ve been sleeping. I mostly just try to go to sleep early so I can wake up in the middle of the night and revel in the fact that it’s the middle of the night and I can keep sleeping

11. Dog with a Blog

I almost always go to bed between 1-2. I have to be in class by 10 every day

12. scroopy.noopers

my answer:

13. Dog with a Blog

Lmao. ^^^

Fantastic news. I was looking at my schedule wrong and it turns out I have the whole week off for thanksgiving! I have no holiday plans so if I’m smart I’ll dedicate it to catching up

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

It’s the middle of the night rn and I’m sleeping on either side of it hell yeah

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

hey, yeah, sorry man. kind of took a bit of time off from the online social stuff a bit. the semester got busy enough that i really needed to buckle down, but more than that was the stuff about brand new that really threw me into a rut. literally haven't stopped thinking about it since i heard and i just couldn't do the internet much lol. how've you been?

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i got a schedule like this and it was honestly the best feeling in the world because i registered three days late (i was unaware registration had opened) and still managed to get my earliest class to be at 11, and only have classes T-Th with only one on W.

i'm never taking anything earlier than 11 again

17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

11-12 first class is the sweet spot. Earlier and you have to get up, too much later and your whole day feels off (or mine does). Next semester t-th is 9am straight through 2 which can be brutal but the back two classes are easy and with chill profs so im set

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

this was my schedule for this semester, and it can be hard if the first class is an intensive one. one, because if youre like me, you're not necessarily operating at full capacity, and two, if it's one intensive in workload as well, it makes the nights kind of rough unless you're really good at setting aside time to get your work done. it's not the worst in the world, but i personally don't think i have the work ethic for it. otherwise, it'd be perfect because you're done so early. good luck!

19. regardstomyself

I've been killing myself in engineering for the past 3 1/2 years and I've only got a few classes left for next semester, one of which is "History of Rock Music" (a gen ed).

Feels great.

20. regardstomyself

How on earth do you get away with not taking a class before 11?!

21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm wondering the same thing. It obviously varies by school but where I go it's basically impossible to not have class at 9 or 10am some days of the week

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I find that if you want a good schedule it is mostly just not possible if your major is STEM related. Obviously this isn't universal and air tight but that seems to be the trend. I suppose English professors also don't wanna be up earlier than they have to? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I also (in past semesters) pick classes before registration so as soon as my ticket opened up I just got whatever I needed

Wharf Rat likes this.
  23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I've never had a class before 11 haha
    I've always taken 4 classes. only on tuesdays and thursdays and never before 11 am.
    a few semesters I've had some classes online though.
    should mention tho I'm still undergrad so that probably makes a difference haha. That trend probably won't stand once I transfer from my community college to university

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Doing my first online course next semester. Could go either way

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, also taking my first online class next semester. My first one in general was in high school, Latin 3. Failed a semester, somehow made it up?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯