Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. eight30

Regular

I'm in my second semester back to finish the last few classes of my AA to move on to a BA. I graduated in 2012 with an AS in Music and Sound Production but have done nothing but internships with that so I'm moving on. I'm also 26 but I go online so I don't feel quite as out of place, ha.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

failed my first quiz of the year in electromagnetism!

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

You got the next one

4. devenstonow

Noobie

haha thanks. It's one of those shitty situations where the professor who had taught it for at least 10 years just retired and the new guy clearly has no idea how to teach the content (ie. he teaches completely off powerpoints and doesn't post them online). He started off the first day of class by saying the quiz was this Thursday, then said it was today as a footnote of Thursday's class. And the only other class I learned that content in, I had literally the lowest grade, so shrugemoji.

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

E&M is often the hardest physics class any undergrad student will have to take (if they have to at all). Definitely not the class you want to have a bad professor in. There used to be some good videos on MIT's site on lower division physics classes -- it was basically videos of entire lectures for a whole course. I think they might be on youtube now. Might be worth checking out. I had a terrible professor for my multivariable calc class and I ended up just watching online videos instead to learn it and it helped a lot.

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

So the guy who didn't want to buy the textbook got accused of plagiarism in another class. He started explaining the situation to our professor and how he didn't plagiarize. During his explanation he admitted to plagiarizing. I swear this is the dumbest dude I have ever met

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

How'd he admit to it?

8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

It was a coding class. He claimed the professor wasn't helping him so he looked up the data on the internet and copy pasted it. His argument was that the data wasn't closely related enough to what he was creating so it wasn't plagiarism.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

In my last year now

10. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

should be on my last year but stayed back because i'm a lost cause

journalism major aka will be poor and get criticized for the rest of my life

good times

11. devenstonow

Noobie

my emag lab is such an unorganized clusterf. Each prelab involves writing like, three or four matlab programs with vague directions (with each experiment clearly being written by different people) and matlab isn't even used ONCE in any of the labs.

Also, instead of everyone handing in a lab report for every lab (like every other lab class I've ever had), each lab partner writes 2 out of 5 (with one being both) and 30% of your grade is your partners' lab.

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

2017 should be my final year in school. Beautiful.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I have a Business Communications degree from Michigan State and I regret getting myself into debt.

Loved the school and classes, but owing 30k really sucks

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

20 credits and working 20 hours a week this semester, plus I have a cold this week. Woot woot!

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

im in college right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I need to take 18 credit hours next semester to graduate and i'm so scared

17. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I need 18 credits next semester too, but I'm gonna do the winter session. Its kind of hell for 2 weeks, but its better than taking 18 credits in one semester.

Also, this is the first time in my college career where I feel like I'm going to have too many words for this paper. My professor gave us a 750 word limit, and we're not allowed to go over. As in, we fail if we go over. He gave us like 20 points we have to hit throughout the paper that I could probably write an entire paper on each individual point. Fuck this is frustrating

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Finishing my Masters in the Spring

19. kailaincolor

I'm taking 18 credits right now and I kind of regret it, I'm so overwhelmed. Plus, studying for the GRE and working on grad applications is draining.

20. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I'm studying, really.
    20160926_203519.jpg

Owlex likes this.
  21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Daughter in college now - freshman - 1st year away.

Yeah. She's fine... Got a text at 4:30 AM - I was hoping it wasnt what I was thinking, and it wasnt...

But she was sick, and throwing up - she learned her drinking limits, and passed them that night.

She's ok. But learning now not to do that. :)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

day 2 being back. hungover and the sun is blazing today. not a very auspicious start to the year but hey, it was my roommate's 21st.

23. devenstonow

Noobie

"i was easy in grading the quiz, some of you got a 5/5, if you got a 3/5 then you really didn't do much"

24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

So I put 5 hours of work into my lab notebook, went back home, next day realized I don't have my lab notebook on me. fuck. hoping the TA found it and kept it.

25. devenstonow

Noobie

Currently have a lab where you and your partner alternate doing lab reports, and the ones your partner does count for 30% of your grade. My partner didn't send me the lab to look over until literally one minute before it was due this morning.