Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

On that note: you almost always have more resources than you're aware of bc professors can suck about letting you know or smth of the like so look around before definitively deciding you're fucked, save u some anxiety

2. scroopy.noopers

: (

Yea what everyone else said. Make a contact with someone in class if u can.

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

my group mate needs my info in an hour to put our presentation together, i haven't done the reading which is risking me becoming that group member real quick, and i can't stop reading threads on chorus.fm can someone just put a bullet in my brain already cause it's all getting to be a little much ya know

tbh think i would've benefited heavily from taking a semester off and maybe possibly following through on antidepressants lmao

4. Dog with a Blog

Lol, I need to stop my Chorus activity as well. It's legitimately messed with my productivity. Keep your phone across the room if you're mostly on mobile.

My classes are spread out on Tuesday and I'm here for 12 hours. Oof. I just tried reading a portion for Thursday but all I want to do is nap

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, usually on mobile but right now im just on my laptop doing the homework. considering going to the campus library when i wanna do homework now because i get very little cell reception, the wifi sometimes cuts out on my phone in there, and i don't wanna log in to chorus on a public computer. but yeah, phone is thrown across my bed somewhere rn lol

12 hours on campus sounds super rough wow? i wanna nap after just three classes in a row, but ideally the days where i have one or no classes are supposed to make up for me slacking on class days.

6. Dog with a Blog

12 because I get here an hour early cause parking is absolute ass.

Your study habits sound like mine haha

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oh lol i take the shuttle to campus because i refuse to pay for a parking pass. do you also lack the discipline to study when you should lol?

8. Dog with a Blog

I am the worst. I procrastinate until the very last minute, I don't really study that much for tests, and I've gotten good grades so far, but now I'm at a university and I don't feel I can coast as easily. But yeah, my study habits are straight garbage. Like I'll sit down to study and then next thing I know I'm on Wikipedia reading about the origin of ninjas or some bullshit like that. I almost can't study. I read this book called, "the shallows" and it's about what the internet is doing to our minds and it's basically making us ADD, even if we weren't previously.

Good news. My three hour class was cut down to an hour today so I'm going home boooiiiii

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

me as fuck. i wasn't easily distracted before but i think around the time i got a smart phone everything changed for me. im thinking im going to set aside designated times to just stay the fuck away from my phone for a bit and hope that that leaks into everyday life and i check it less, and am able to focus better as a result.

i forgot you were on the west coast and almost had a heart attack on your behalf when i thought that you usually stay on campus til midnight lol. get that nap in enjoy the world, lmk if people still laugh out there

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Yeah man, that's a good plan. I've also pretty much completely removed myself from social media. I'm still on instagram but not that often. However, this past summer I found a new found love for Chorus that I didn't think I would once AP ended but god dammit, I'm addicted

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

once again, same. i kept all my social media, and i use it fairly often i think, but it's honestly not super distracting because im way more often on chorus. with the social media it's more like pop in, check up on everyone, make a post, and leave, usually done in five minutes or less. i have spent an embarrassing amount of time on this site, but i love it tbh. i'll figure out how to balance it, i really just think it was a result of the summer and basically having very little obligation outside of work.

12. scroopy.noopers

I'm. So. Fucking. Tired.

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

About to tattoo this shit on my head so people stop asking too

14. Dog with a Blog

Got home at 1pm. Meant to do some reading. Instead I browsed Reddit for hours, made an omelette, and took a much needed nap

What's wrong with me

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

the nap was much needed though, and everyone's gotta eat

16. Dog with a Blog

I ended up throwing my phone across the room and got some reading done. I almost want to just not bring my phone to school

17. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

First week is going pretty good so far, obviously the worst is yet to come by far though. Nearly fell asleep in one of my classes today because it was so boring, but I wasn't the only one.

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

if you figure out how i can simultaneously throw my laptop across the room while being able to work on a document that'd be cool lmk
    what class? making friends/study buds? i definitely had trouble with that in my freshman year, but i saw both were super helpful for other people to acclimate more and not spend as much time stressing about not knowing anyone and what not.

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Engineering techniques. Watching the professsor go through a power point about "units and measurements" for 2 hours isn't very interesting lol

But I've been making some friends. The first couple days were a little rough but I'm feeling good now. And another good thing is that my building where I live is just for engineering students so a lot of us have the same classes.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

ah yeah that sounds like a chore lol but unavoidable since that's foundational and what not. happy to hear you're making friends! I think adults tend to downplay how important that is in adjusting to college life tbh

MysteryKnight likes this.
  21. scroopy.noopers

put a lot of effort into not drinking red bull over the past year and i opened my chegg box of book rentals to find a complimentary red bull. sneaky motherfuckers

22. Dog with a Blog

God dammit. Slept through both my 7 and my 7:30 alarm. How does that even happen!

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

be strong

24. scroopy.noopers

literally sipping on it rn lol. i have a lot of reading to smash through before my afternoon class

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

fuck. i was too late. the time line is altered forever

i remember inadvertently giving up caffeine last year (i literally just couldn't afford it) and for two months not knowing why i was just getting headaches every fucking day. lack of caffeine was the answer.