Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

following

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Graduation ceremony starts in 45 minutes and we've yet to get any information on what's going on. This is supposed to be aphabetical but it's really one big blob of people

3. Dog with a Blog

I've been doing so well in stats this semester but I am fairly certain I'm about to fail this final. I don't know why but I was doing the review and it's like I got Eternal Sunshined of all my stats knowledge. I feel like I'm going to cry.

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm so upset. My college is discontinuing its ASL program which is BS because our area is the 4th largest Deaf community in the country. Like, at that point it's a pretty huge disservice to take it away.

5. scroopy.noopers

: (

finishing my 27th paper this semester. at least i'm trying to. my brain is basically telling me "fuck u, i'm dead"

Bloodsucker II and Contender like this.
  6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This kid still owes me money for a paper I wrote him and I have car issues that need to be fixed :^) everything sure is A Lot

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Your life sounds like a sitcom

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Oof. Took forever but I'm officially done with community college. Can't wait for Long Beach.

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The worst sitcom ever. I haven't even laughed once

I also can't tell if that's a bad thing or a good thing (re: yr comment)

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Don't worry, characters in sitcoms don't laugh.

Groups of people laugh at them

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Too real :/

12. Jason

Regular

I agree. I had that issue in college and my partner didn't show up for the presentation. Teacher had me call her but no answer so I had to present our final myself. She still got an A in the class. I have no idea how.

13. supernovagirl

ugh okay this is my fault completely but this last semester I rented my textbooks and forgot that they were rented....so I got charged full price for them. Problem being I didn't have hte money in my account. So it's been 2 weeks and it's already been sent to collections.
    ireally hope this doesn't fuck up my next semester. I have SOO much money related stress right now and really need to just put this on the backburner until I can afford it. sigh.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

^^me every semester. I am so bad with renting textbooks. This year I rented digital textbooks to avoid that problem

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

That was my big fear and also why I've never rented. Since you've been charged full price, are the textbooks now yours? @supernovagirl if so you could try selling them to get some of the money needed to pay them off

16. Dog with a Blog

You get to keep them. I have so many textbooks lol.

17. supernovagirl

yeah they are mine now but no way could I get even remotely close to what it just overcharged me.

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yikes sounds fucked, there should definitely be a period of incremental increase not a whole fucking full charge. Super sorry to hear that

19. supernovagirl

yeah and it's the full charge ON TOP OF the amount I paid at the beginning to rent it. So that part really sucks.

Again I realize it's my fault.I wish I could just be like here take them back and then I could get my money back, maybe pay a late fee or something. Idk.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Whether or not it's your fault doesn't make it suck any less, and I'm sure there was something in your life that was probably captivating your attention, whether it be the money related stress you mentioned or otherwise. Mistakes happen, and it sucks that the result is something like this, a disproportionately large burden on you

21. supernovagirl

why did this response make me cry :verysad: (because it's too kind) (thank you so much, seriously)

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  22. morris115

Does anyone have any experiences/insight about Full Sail in Orlando? I got accepted into an MFA program there, but have always heard conflicting opinions about the school

23. drewinseries

Drew

I've been out of school for a year now, but every once in a while I have a dream a signed up for class, forgot about it and never went, and I am only realizing this in the last two month of the semester.

Horrifying. Sometimes I wake up and look at my diploma so I remember it's there.

24. Dog with a Blog

My boss who is 37, graduated for 10+ years, and married with kids, says those dreams never stop haha.

Also. Accepted my financial aid package. Officially in the Student Loan Debt club.

EmmanuelSCastle and drewinseries like this.
  25. drewinseries

Drew

That's scary if that doesn't stop. Gets me every single time. It's happened a few times now.

I always thought it was because I got away with skipping/only showing up for tests for too many classes. It worked out, but if I could do it again I probably would not lol.