Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I've had to make entire short films on my own and do whole presentations myself so like I'm real soured on the mandatory group project experience regardless of merits because I go in mistrustful

2. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I have no problem with group presentations. If anything I feel like it is easier doing a presentation with someone else. But that is about it. I've only had one group paper and I hated it.

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I haven't done any group projects all year thank god

DaydreamNation likes this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Just you wait

5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

What the hell is a group paper? Is that a thing?

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I know science majors tend to do them often for lab reports and such

7. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Ah that makes sense in that setting I guess. Liberal Arts major, I'll see myself out lol

8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I feel u, English is real individual besides like peer review and such (which is integral)

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

First year is over

10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Trying to finish my literature review on memory comparison of young adults and the elderly. It's my last "final" of the semester, and I do not have the energy to write six more pages.

11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Got my last finals this week. Excited to be done, for now.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Writing a paper that isn't very good, but the professor is very nice and a very easy grader and likes me, so I'm not too worried, I can eat a B. Simultaneously studying for an intro to political philosophy class where the professor is very bad and no one does the reading. And she knows it, too, because not only did she send us a relatively specific outline of what would be on the final, she's scheduled two different extra classes to make sure people understand the material literally at all.

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Had my theater final today. My scene partner was trash. I received a 95% and she received a 30%. She did not even attempt to memorize the lines. It was a shit show. Surprised that the prof gave me such a high score, because I was working with incompetence.

JRGComedy and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Tbh it's so wild that your Prof is going that far, kinda cool. What makes her so bad?

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Did you manage to play off your partner at all, or did your prof just totally separate your performance from the overall scene?

I never knew that you were a theater student, by the way. That is awesome

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, she basically separated me from her performance

Just a class that I was taking for fun. I'm a computer science person. Though I really enjoyed theater class a lot. I would take another theater class if I wasn't graduating this week.

17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Had you done any theater before? I really regret not doing any acting in high school and I might have space for an elective coming up, but it'd be a hugely unfamiliar step for my phantom of the opera ass

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

No experience whatsoever. I found it to be a challenge and very rewarding. It was also fun to curate and provide my own props.

19. scroopy.noopers

: (

anxiety over finals paralyzed me for the past week. i have barely been able to do any school work and find myself cleaning and other things on my to-do list (literally will do anything else but school work). this is the worst shape my mental has been around finals

20. thereckoner

gloom

Group projects are the absolute worst.

I am in year three of engineering school and I got paired with two CLUELESS guys (three years in and they have no synapses). Ended up designing an entire transducer myself and writing a 22 page report on it all on my own during finals. I got a 95 but my other grades suffer.

21. scroopy.noopers

assigning a final project as a group effort is pure evil. seriously. i got lucky having a great group this semester but if i didn't i'd be crying in the corner of my room right about now

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i just finished my last final like 2 hours ago. i graduate on saturday. what do i do now. school has just been what i do for the past 20 years. what the hell am i supposed to do

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Life without Deadlines? Due dates? Bliss

24. scroopy.noopers

I had like 6 missing assignments in a bunch of classes. I tried my best but only managed to get like 4 of them done in time. I'm taking a big hit in one class since my writing grade will not be a high D and the only way to save myself from getting a C is if I get an A on the final. I also think I'm missing assignments still in another class too, but the prof is so informal and doesn't respond to emails well, I don't know. Got As on the two major projects but I still don't want a surprise C.

Anyways, fuck it. I have one more paper to write and I'm done with the most writing and reading intensive semester I've had yet. Having a few drinks to pre-celebrate.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Let me know when you figure it out