Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. devenstonow

Noobie

We need one so us youngins can talk about school and stuff and chat while bored in class

harlototerror likes this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im almost done with my degree. its kind of fucked up tho. my capstone class is an internship and i have to pay for the college credits for the class plus work without pay so im pretty much paying a couple grand to have an unpaid job. fuck america lol

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I had to do this for grad school last year and it made me so mad, like the internship was good but it felt wrong

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm in community college

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Beat decision. My community college had classes as good as my university at a fraction of the cost.

josephcissell and Zac Djamoos like this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I assume you meant best? Haha. It's not as bad as I expected for sure and its good for helping me figure out where I'm tryin to go next

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Community college is described as a bad options because it's essentially the same education but a fifth of the price. Like, the same professors that teach the core classes at FSU teach at TCC, for example. I'm at UCF right now taking classes online towards my English degree.

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I've had chili for dinner the past five days

iCarly Rae Jepsen and CarpetElf like this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I had ramen last night. And cereal the night before haha.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. josephcissell

Regular

Nice thread idea. I’ve got one year left of undergrad. Majors anyone?

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Entrepreneurship/Corporate Innovation/Management major at the best school in the big ten.

josephcissell likes this.
  13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm in Journalism. My marks are great, but I'm still feeling pretty lost at the moment

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Oh I didn't mention my major. Audio production

15. Leftandleaving

My planned major is education

16. josephcissell

Regular

I see there’s a variety of majors then, that’s pretty cool. I’m a double in finance and economics.

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Jumping back into college after a 9 month break the right way by taking a condensed matter physics class. I'm a bit worried I'll be a bit stale but I'm also pretty stoked for that class cuz it'll be really interesting.

18. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's a great outlook to have man

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Digital Filmmaking major.

My senior film is going to be a sketch comedy pilot of my comedy duo. my professors rule.

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I guess I technically double majored in sociology and social sciences and have a minor in women's studies. Batting 1000 for the "useless majors" lol but I have a decent job so it's cool.

I've been taking college classes for work while working full time as well. I have a related degree to my field but they wanted me to get some credits that were related more closely. It's not hard academically but the classes are not as interesting as what I went to school for and I'm tired after working so it sucks. This is actually the first term I'm not taking classes. They extended my deadline to do them so that's nice.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

28 years old in my fourth college now. Making sure this is the last one. Freshman are killing me. Ugh.

stillbrazy likes this.
  22. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Special education major with two years left. I've also been in college since 2010!

23. flask

Trusted Supporter

Going back to school tomorrow at 26. Been contemplating it the last couple years but was kinda nervous about being "too old." But I figured if I'm doing something to move forward in life then it doesn't matter how old I am.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if you're in your 20's i wouldnt worry about being too old for college. honestly, i dont think anyone should worry at any age. ive had many classes with people who you would perceive as "too old" but no one, at least in my experience, treats them any differently. maybe its just the school i go to where its kind of a normal thing for older people to take classes.

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

So this happened in on of my classes the other day..

Student: I didn't do the homework
    Professor: Well, why not?
    Student: I didn't buy the text book
    Professor: You have to buy the text book
    Student: Fuck that shit

My professor didn't respond and just looked baffled. Was quite the moment

FTank and josephcissell like this.