Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Colin Trevorrow Leaves Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Colin Trevorrow will no longer be directing Star Wars: Episode IX. A statement has been released from Lucasfilm:

Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.

My first vote is to let Rian Johnson direct another. If that’s a no, I’d love to see Ava Duvernay behind the lens.

TJ Wells likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Brad Bird

3. He's gotta redeem Tomorrowland first. Then we'll talk.

fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  4. CMilliken

Trusted

What’s up with this happening to what seems like every Star Wars movie?

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

He's made three masterpieces. I think he gets a flop. Everyone does.

James McKenzie likes this.
  6. I really liked MI:GP, but I wanna see another live action movie from him that isn't horrific before I'd trust him with a main SW film. (And I'm a huge animated Brad Bird fan.)

7. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I get why everyone hates Tomorrowland but I liked it. Like I know it's not good, but it made me happy.

Also they should just give it to Johnson

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Patty Jenkins or Ava Duvernay would be fucking awesome.

Would totally be cool with Brad Bird, or even JJ again.

fenway89 likes this.
  9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It's not bad

10. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Wonder if this had anything to do with The Book of Henry being almost universally panned. I saw it in theaters and enjoyed it for what it was, but it was certainly a bit of a mess.

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The Book of Henry is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. In my entire life. It absolutely had to do with that.

fenway89 likes this.
  12. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Ava Duvernay would be sweet. My money is on Johnson though. So far he is the first to have an unblemished production with Lucasfilm for the new movies. Based on that I'd say they will let him finish he series off

13. theredline

Trusted Supporter