Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Colin Kaepernick Has a Job • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I don't think he's better than several current starters, plus you also gotta realize that his style of play is also difficult to mesh as a backup.

I thought he was overrated when things were going well and when it finally crashed down and the league caught up to his style...it was over. Is he a top 40 qb? Probably but with his tricky style and yes... the cloud of controversy as well...he becomes a tough sign.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Right now, I'd rather have Kaep than:

Mike Glennon
    Brian Hoyer
    Carson Palmer
    Josh McCown
    Jay Cutler
    Blake Bortles
    Scott Tolzien/Jacoby Brissett

At least. And those are all starters.

3. domotime2

You're nuts. Other than tolzien and mccown no way.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok, guy.

Joe4th and domotime2 like this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Kap is 100% better than all those listed. I would easily take him over all them. Seriously, have you not watched him play or looked at his stats? He did that on a GARBAGE 49ers team. Imagine having talent around him again like the Super Bowl team.

FTank likes this.
  6. domotime2

He has never finished in the top half league in passing yards per game, td, or comp%... and that's when the niners were still good. And then in the last two year's he and the team completely fell apart.

The upside isn't there.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

That's usually what happens when you're on a team that has the lead and Frank Gore to run the clock out.

But yeah I feel like it's all one side or the other here. It's either "He's not good enough at all" or "He's obviously good enough and can be a winner". I just think he's someone who deserves a shot in a more stable environment than Jed York's 49ers.

domotime2, Joe4th and FTank like this.
  8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

If you don't think Kaep is better than all of those players listed (the only one that is questionable imo is Cutler, he got signed to Miami because he's familiar with the HC) I don't think you watch football

9. Fucking Dustin

Reminder to all that Trevone Boykin, who has had multiple alcohol related arrests, is still the backup QB for the Seahawks, who would be a perfect team for Kaepernick's mobile quick read offense and are also generally considered a liberal team in terms of the outspokenness of their players.

Jason Tate and Joe4th like this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, didn't they bring him in a while back and their reasoning for not signing him was that he should be a starter? That makes little sense to me, unless they were far apart on money.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

Also it's entirely understandable that a bunch of people who were oppressed by Castro would not get behind someone who supports him

As much as it pains me to say it, I'd also understand if Houston wouldn't sign him considering he made jokes about the city while it was being flooded by a tropical storm, but at the same time I'm sure that wasn't the thing holding Houston back from him

12. domotime2

You think if health he's better than Palmer?

13. Fucking Dustin

I don't think "if healthy" can be considered a qualifier though, personally. Palmer is up there in age and taking a beating, and I feel like that does play a part in who you'd rather have at QB.

Prime Palmer over prime Kaepernick? Absolutely.

FTank likes this.
  14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

At this current point in time, absolutely. Palmer is washed up

15. domotime2

I just think the upside for kaep is very low and with his style it's hard to have him be backup. He's never proven to be a good passer of the ball.

I'm not going to argue that he isn't a top 40 qb. Of course he is.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. Fucking Dustin

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It's tough to find a backup spot for him considering he requires a very specific offensive style to be successful, so it's hard to expect him to come in and produce the way you demand a backup to do.

However, I think he'd be GREAT as a Seahawks backup or even on the roster of a NFC West team trying to replicate Wilson in practice. He isn't Russell Wilson of course, but the kind of offense the Seahawks run does somewhat mimic what Kaepernick ran in San Francisco with the backfield, the types of receivers they fielded, the extremely talented TE, etc.

domotime2 likes this.
  17. domotime2

Definitely and wasn't that the team strongly considering him?

18. Fucking Dustin

Allegedly, hahaha. They brought him in for a meeting and Pete Carroll basically said "He's good and he should be a starter somewhere" instead of signing him to the backup job, which is currently held by Boykin who has been terrible.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

He's a good pocket passer though, the whole offense wouldn't need to change to fit him. I think that's understated sometimes. That article I posted does a better job explaining it

js977 and FTank like this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

celebratory "glad that idiot iamhollywood is gone" post because yeah hes routinely been awful and im glad he finally burned his bridges shoutout to the mods for striking down whoever was the one that actually banned him i owe you a beer or two unless its jason then i demand to be on the podcast so that i can discuss the masterpiece that is EIIKM and its 10th birthday approaching soon (the 18th) if my demands are not met then i will be forced to Log Off forever.

21. Fucking Dustin

Oh thank god he's gone I had no idea

22. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I really hate when I love the same music as people who repeatedly reveal themselves to be intolerant asshats. I'm sure Keith wouldn't want him listening to his band either.

23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Who was the last quarterback who could be agreed upon as a top 40 quarterback in the league to go unsigned the year after hitting free agency? Hint, there's only one, and it was during a strike year or something.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

please don't log off you're like the only one here who doesn't deserve it

CoffeeEyes17 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  25. Fucking Dustin