Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Colin Kaepernick Has a Job • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

"Man, you really can't handle a different opinion," he says, whining about kneeling and supporting ending a man's career for standing up for people's rights.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Why come to a site with the background we have and post that verbal diarrhea? Come on man.

electro haikus and Joe4th like this.
  3. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

If you want politics out of sports, stop every NFL partnership with the military, stop singing the national anthem, owners stop donating to political candidates, and have decent labor standards.

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Some people are old fashioned. This particular poster likes sports without politics and pop punk with plenty of misogyny.

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Charming.

[​IMG]

electro haikus likes this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Joe I'm omitting myself from our bet for this post and I'll make up for it with an extra post on a day where I don't have to make one.

Never before has a player led his team to a Super Bowl as a QB and not gotten another job after. Say what you will about 2012 but Kaepernick was the reason they got there. He had that big win against the Pats and stomped a great GB team in the playoffs. He absolutely deserves a job if punching bag QBs like Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman and *sigh* Brock Osweiler get another chance. Hell Dan Orlovsky got another chance! There is zero reason associated with his playing that he shouldn't be on a NFL roster.

What surprises me most is that after all this he still wants to play. I can't imagine being treated so badly for using the microphone that was thrusted in his face and still wanting to play. But more power to him, he deserves a chance to keep playing and keep using that microphone.

CoffeeEyes17, Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Call me naive, but I never realized until the Kaep controversy how much people care about the flag. To me it's silly, but what do I know.

8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Not to mention fleecing the local taxpayers for hundreds of millions of dollars to pay for the stadiums of rich fucks.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't care about the bet in situations like this, I'm glad you responded, and was hoping you would.

CoffeeEyes17 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

To be fair, they don't actually care haha.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I dunno, I get what you're saying I think a lot of the people affiliated with the military seem to. I just can't imagine seeing what Kaep is doing and thinking, "he's really disrespecting our military and veterans". That's so obviously missing the point.

js977 likes this.
  12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I guess I never understood the idea of professional athletes or musicians or celebrity of any kind being told to "keep out of politics." It feels oppressive, that just because they're in the public eye they should keep their mouth shut and not stand up for injustices and their beliefs. They are on a pedastal and many kids look up to these people as role models, I absolutely think they should stand up for what they believe in and teach kids to not back down on their stances.

13. Fucking Dustin

Yeah, like, I'm imagining a scenario where he sits during the national anthem, and after the game he's interviewed and said "I'm protesting the fact that our veterans are unfairly treated in this nation after they risk their lives." I guarantee there's zero backlash over that, at the end of the day it's only because of the actual message he's sitting/kneeling for. People are just making excuses, like you said.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

There are also people affiliated with the military who are insulted by the outrage. Because it's far more insulting to say "these people fought for your freedom!" and then say people have to act exactly how you want them to. It's just hiding behind whatever bullshit the television tells them to hide behind. Maybe they made it up on their own, I don't know. They don't care about the flag or military though haha.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As a vet, I cannot understand the outrage at all. I'm also one of the most left leaning vets ever. Those were a rough four years. lol

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, my roommate and every vet in my family is the same way haha. I've somehow had a knack for finding leftist vets haha.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

My girlfriend's mom's partner (who I believe is a Navy vet) is also pretty left leaning, shares stuff on Facebook all the time that I totally agree with, and then will throw in some shit about how it's so awful to disrespect the flag and anthem by kneeling during it. It's unbearable and I can't understand where the mindset comes from.

18. Weird how racism comes out only a few days after the casual sexism.

19. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I agree but as much as it sickens me to say it, it doeant blow my mind. There are honestly people that are no longer watching the nfl over these protests and all they (NFL, owners) care about is their bottom line. People wont tune out over a DUI but will over this. A sad story.

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

The thing is if I was an owner I wouldn't be interested in signing kaep. Like, I don't want the chiefs to sign him. Is that outrageous to say?

21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Yeah right?

Alex Smith might go down and Kaep might lead them to a Super Bowl.

22. Fucking Dustin

It's tough cuz there are a lot of teams, like the Chiefs, who just don't need him.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Eh I don't think he's that good of a qb and was more of a product of right time and place.

It's the same argument over Tebow (kaep is better) which I reject l.

24. AshlandATeam

Trusted

The only valid reason for an owner to not want Kaepernick is a fan revolt. Living in Missouri, there may be one of the Chiefs signed him.

That said, that's only because NFL fans are shitty, and is evidence in and of itself of the systemic racism that Kaepernick is taking a stand against.

It isn't incorrect to say 'the fans wouldn't like him.' But that's because the fans are morally wrong.

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

He literally is good enough to play back up to Alex Smith tho and back up to several QBs and start over several current starters.