Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coldplay Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cody, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Correction, for some reason I thought there was another turd album previous to AHFOD, but post Ghost Stories (which I didn't mind). Shows how little I've returned to the band in the last several/forgotten about them. AHFOD just poisoned my views on the band so much, that I just haven't bothered to return to their catalog in a long time.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ghost Stories is one of their best albums, but AHFOD is definitely their worst. Interested to see what direction they take with the next album.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Ghost Stories is so great. Dreams was mostly mediocre and way overproduced. The pivot toward pop was a little too big on that record. MX struck a much better balance.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love the last two albums, especially Ghost Stories. Look forward to whatever they do next.

smowashere likes this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

I know it's not what folks are listening to these days, but the piano-driven Coldplay of the Rush of Blood era really was something special. I'd like to get another album like that.

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I can enjoy AHFOD for the most part, but I would really appreciate no features and not working with someone like Stargate for these ones.

Paddy and dlemert like this.
  7. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

The Kaliedoscope EP seemed to point to them heading back in that direction.

8. EzeRojo

CRAZY ;-p

Chris Martin will be coming to Argentina next year for a gig 'bout Soda Stereo.

Hope he brings his band as well.

9. dlemert

Trusted

Agreed. All I Can Think About is You is the best song they've written in years and harkens back to the Rush/X&Y era for me.

10. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

I guess the rumor has some merit to it. The band was spotted filming a video a couple of days ago.

kyle likes this.
  11. A Rush of Blood Pt 2 would be unbelievable. But I have a feeling they’re still living in the pop world.

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I very strongly dislike the production on AHFOD. There are a few songs that I think would have been vastly improved by different production and with more of a sound of the people in the band playing their instruments.

Paddy likes this.
  13. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Most of the songs are good but the execution very bad. A lot of the vocal delivery is rushed and you’re right, I want to hear the instruments.

Hoping for a “back to basics” album out of one of these two.

beachdude and Brother Beck like this.
  14. Craig Manning

Stargate producing Coldplay is one of the worst band-producer combos of all time.

15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

16. ramres

17. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I quite like the sound of that. If there are two albums I don’t care if one is down these lines.

Also:
    “Coldplay’s last album was 2015’s A Head Full Of Dreams, making this the longest drought between albums for the band yet.”

I didn’t realise that at all

18. ramres

well this sounds grand...

bodkins, beachdude and contra11mundum like this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Here for it

20. I’m always interested in what they do so I’m looking forward to it.

21. owenlongsworth

Regular

I’m expecting a darker Viva sound and then a very modern sounding mainstream pop album.

22. bodkins

Trusted

Take me back to Viva La Vida please

23. Craig Manning

Really, really hope this is good.

bodkins and Brother Beck like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know if it'll be like Viva or Ghost Stories but the way the rollout's going kinda clashes with a sound akin to Mylo or AHFOD

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also hoping this is great, not 100% confident in that. And I haven't really played that EP from a couple years ago that much since it dropped

Brother Beck likes this.