Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coldplay Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cody, Aug 5, 2016.

1. I prefer A Rush Of Blood, but yea, they need to go back to that sound of the first 3–4 albums.

dlemert likes this.
  2. dlemert

Trusted

Viva and Blood are there two best albums, I'd take a carbon copy of either at this point

3. stars143

Trusted

A L I E N S and All I Can Think About Is You are both solid tunes. I would love a full album in that style.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Would be cool if they toured smaller venues as Los Unidades and forbid venues from using the Coldplay name to promote it, so only diehards could go.

stars143 likes this.
  5. Into it.

6. stars143

Trusted

Hard to pick, but I think Glass Of Water might be my favorite Coldplay song.

7. stars143

Trusted

Or Life In Technicolor II

8. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

They just need to never let Stargate produce anything of theirs ever again. I’m convinced AHFOD is full of good songs that are ruined by the production and by how rushed the delivery of it all is. As a result it’s their worst album by a distance.

Bring back Eno.

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree with this. I am really looking forward to some of the live versions of AHFOD songs on the Live in Buenos Aires album for just this very reason. Particularly "Up&Up" which has always struck me as a good song but I honestly find the album version to be atrocious. Unlistenable for me.

10. dlemert

Trusted

Everglow would be the best song on the album and another classic Coldplay piano ballad if it wasn't for the production.

11. You've heard the single version right?

12. dlemert

Trusted

I don't think so, just the album version. How is it different?

13. Might be much more your speed as it's a stripped down version!

Mary V and dlemert like this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like they could have produced AHFOD more like Mylo Xyloto and it would have been great. More as a maximalist arena rock album than as a mainstream pop album. As is, all those songs feel like they’re missing something.

15. dlemert

Trusted

Ahh yeah this is much, much better.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This was information from the email I got from them. Adds a bit more context for the new track if people hadn't heard about it.

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

"A Head Full of Dreams" from the Live in Buenos Aires album is online now, and I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that the AHFOD songs are a lost cause for me... There is a LOT of audience screaming and cheering and singing along. I know it's a live album, but I was hoping for something along the lines Okonokos by My Morning Jacket where you can really hear the band playing and Jim James singing. I'm not really a fan of live albums for this very reason, but there are a few amazing ones that I do enjoy. I like when they minimize the audience noise a lot or completely. Maybe a little bit at the end of a song maybe, but otherwise I really can't stand it.

18. ramres Oct 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2019)
    ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

The Daily Star, a tabloid is the UK, is reporting this. I trust this fansite and I wouldn't expect them to post about any random rumor, but we'll see I guess.

beachdude and Brother Beck like this.
  19. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

That definitely seems to be the trend.

Excited to hear where they go!

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If they can avoid the turd of the last two albums, that would be quite nice

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

And I thought their layoff would be longer tbh, but I guess when your main gig in life is musician, when you're not touring you probably run out of things to do after a while

22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed Ghost Stories quite a bit but AHFOD was just alright.

23. AHFOD I find worked a lot better live than on record. Can't say I was expecting a new album this year but I am here for it!

awakeohsleeper and smowashere like this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think Ghost Stories is my favorite

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is very, very exciting. Ghost Stories is absolutely phenomenal, and AHFOD could have been great if they swapped out a few of the songs for some of the other songs they made this era that never made the cut for actual albums.

I am super excited about this.