Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coldplay Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cody, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm still stuck back in the X&Y days.

2. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

A Head Full of Dreams just seems so unnecessary to me. Like, it's not doing anything new for the band, which despite some criticism levelled at them, I think they actually do fairly well album-to-album, and they pretty much rushed it out.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ain't that the truth.

4. The new EP is cool, I dig it.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This is the first time I've heard "Something Just Like This." Man, this song fucking sucks.

The rest of the EP is pretty good, though.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Makes sense - thank you very much.

Had a look and Mylo Xyloto seems to have done a lot better in the UK (single-wise) than the US. (I know you aren't talk about chart performance - I just found it to be interesting).

'Paradise' was a number one single. 'Princess of China' was number 4. 'Every Teardrop' was 6. They were 15, 20, 14 respectively in the US. Funny that 'Charlie Brown' tends to be the song I occasionally here on the radio these days but that only got to 22 in the UK.

Interestingly, it looks like it was only 'Viva La Vida' (the single) that charted high in the singles charts in both the UK & the US (number one for both). The other singles from that album were comparatively a lot lower.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Big Sean Coldplay feature >>> Big Sean Fall Out Boy feature

manoverboard365 likes this.
  8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Can't stop listening to the first two records after grabbing them on LP. Man, they had lightning in a bottle here for a minute. Just about every track on these two is a winner

DejaMoi, bodkins and awakeohsleeper like this.
  9. bodkins

Trusted

I dig most of this new EP. Could do without SJLT, I loved the opener and closer.

As far as their discography, Viva la Vida is my personally favorite, though I jumped onto the band at X&Y and have a special place for it. I generally love all the records besides AHFOD, which is pretty hit or miss.

dlemert likes this.
  10. Inna Selez

Regular

I liked "All I Can Think About Is You" and "Aliens" from this EP.

11. dlemert

Trusted

This is my experience exactly. X&Y introduced me to the band but Viva la Vida really captured my attention, and it's still my favorite.

12. dlemert

Trusted

All I Can Think About is You is far and away the best song on here, and boy is it an incredible song.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

No love for Hypnotized?!?

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Knew who the band was at Parachutes, but didn't start actively listening to them until A Rush. My favorite is Viva La Vida

bodkins likes this.
  15. bodkins

Trusted

I love Hypnotized!

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. bodkins

Trusted

I don't think that SJLT is a "bad" song. I prefer this live version, there's more piano in the verses than I remember from the single. I don't hate the vocal melody, and the synths are cool enough for what they are. My issue is this. Why would a band that can write a song like Hypnotized or All I Can Think About Is You want to couple it with SJLT? I understand the band wants a single that does well, but why does Coldplay even care about that at this point. Just feel like they can do better, and I think the rest of the songs show that. Hate that removing their single would make the album stronger.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

All I Can Think About Is You is not only the best song on the EP, but probably one of their best songs since Viva la Vida (the album not the song).

RoKKeR likes this.
  18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Easily

19. airik625 Jul 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2017)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

so is there a difference between the version of "Hypnotised" that appears on the EP and the single that was release a couple months ago? Haven't had a chance to listen to the EP yet.

EDIT: It is different.

20. Craig Manning

I don't even remember what the other singles on Viva were, so I guess that makes sense.

21. RoKKeR

The Fly

I agree, though Up & Up / Midnight are close for me.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Midnight is absolutely a top 10 Coldplay song for me. I hate Up & Up though haha

23. Craig Manning

I don't even know what my favorite Ghost Stories track is. Love everything on there.

awakeohsleeper and pbueddi like this.
  24. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm not sure how I feel about this EP, I just spun it for the first time and plan to revisit it right away to see if anything catches me but I'm not sure it will because nothing really did the first go around.

25. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Miracles 2 is really good, although I expected it to be a follow on from Miracles.

smowashere likes this.