Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coldplay Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cody, Aug 5, 2016.

1. RoKKeR

The Fly

I just have to say that I'm not terribly familiar with their catalogue, but their Live 2012 album from Paris expelled any hate I had for the band. These dudes are damn talented, and seem to put on a really incredible live show. Old and new songs make the transition live extremely well, and are almost uniformly better than their studio versions. (something that is a major tell as to whether a band is legit or not... and it's why I love U2 so much)

The album they put out last year was quite bad, but I'll always check out whatever they are doing after hearing that live album.

Oh, and I love Johnny Buckland's Edge-inspired guitar sound... simple but pure and with huge impact... as all guitar playing should be IMO.

DejaMoi, smowashere, Schooner and 2 others like this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Eric Wilson likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New song is very chill.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hypnotised sounds like a Mylo b-side. I like it

5. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

I think it is! That xylophone bit comes from this video from 2010 during the recording of MX.

marceting likes this.
  6. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Haven't really heard Chris do vocals like this since X&Y I love it

7. airik625

Finally getting a chance to listen to "Hypnotised" and I think it's great. My kind of Coldplay.

DejaMoi likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Currently ruling One Love Manchester (save for Something Just Like This)

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen and marceting like this.
  10. airik625

Looking forward to the EP being released at the end of the month.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. marceting

Trusted

Parachutes vibe! I'm loving it

DejaMoi likes this.
  13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Loving the Parachutes vibe on that; completely opposite vibe from that trash Chainsmokers collab

marceting likes this.
  14. airik625

I just now noticed that Big Sean is featured on one of the upcoming EP tracks.

15. marceting

Trusted

Fml

vidiviciveni likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well hey, it won't be even a fraction as bad as Something Just Like This which is also on the EP

And Big Sean is mostly good, if you can forget about his latest lackluster album

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it can work

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

The two tracks released off the new EP have made me go back and revisit Parachutes and A Rush of Blood. Also so cool that their singles have some many bsides with them. Been really fun to listen to those other songs released in that era as well.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Probably a very unpopular opinion, but Viva La Vida is far and away my favorite record of theirs

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Not unpopular at all. Viva La Vida is the album where they went from mopey British piano band (as good as Parachutes is) to, holy shit these guys can write a quality radio single and an album full of depth. Why they dove off the mainstream pop cliff after Viva La Vida will always puzzle me.

smowashere and truelovewaits like this.
  22. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Because Viva La Vida (single) went to number 1 in the U.K. Bet that changed the trajectory of the band a fair bit.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

The new song gives me heavy Parachutes vibes. Might be my favorite Coldplay song in a very long time.

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yep

25. RoKKeR

The Fly

Man, I am REALLY liking this new song. More of this, please.