Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coldplay to Release Surround Sound Version of Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Coldplay will release a “5.1 Surround Sound” version of A Head Full Of Dreams on September 23th via Parlophone/Atlantic Records. Pre-orders for are now up.

2. DearCory

Regular

Seems cool, even though I didn't dig the album. I like when bands "reimagine" their albums and come up with things like this.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Album was a total dud. "Mylo Xyloto", however, THAT album would be awesome to hear in 5.1 surround sound

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

That's awesome. I'm deaf in one ear. Like it matters for this dud of an album.

Zilla likes this.
  5. ianzandi

Regular

I really enjoyed MX. It seems unappreciated

Schooner likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I would love this for "Viva La Vida" or "Ghost Stories." But this album - it can get out.

Turkeylegz and bobsheiskawy like this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

We're deaf bros!

(I have severe to profound hearing loss in both ears)

8. DooDooBird

Trusted

So, is this album hands down the worst Coldplay album? I didn't care for it much, but I wasn't sure if it was just me.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

By far

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I'm a big fan of this album so I'm interested in this.

BornToRun likes this.
  11. Jordache91

Newbie Prestigious

I read this as, COPELAND will release a “5.1 Surround Sound” ...... Highly disappointed

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Can you make just any album 5.1 surround sound? Like making a movie 3D in post-production? Or do you have to take certain steps during the recording process to enable an album to be 5.1? Could Coldplay release a 5.1 Mylo Xyloto album?

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Intrigued by the widespread hate for this album. I didn't enjoy it too much upon release but after seeing them in June the songs grew on me a lot. They were so much better live. Still, nowhere near the level of other albums they've recorded.

BornToRun likes this.
  14. Dave

Beneath the Sky

It's definitely my least favorite.