Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coldplay Members Share New Song as Los Unidades

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The members of Coldplay have released a new song called “E-Lo” under the name Los Unidades. The song features Pharrell Williams and is part of the Global Citizen – EP 1 being released this Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn2HovoAj1U

2. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

I've stopped hoping for a "Rush of blood" style song. I know it's not their vibe anymore... but dang... this just feels like the wrong direction for them. Maybe that's the reason for the alternate band-name? I dunno what's going on here.

beachdude, CSWAPPO and Jonathan like this.
  3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Seriously. WTF happened to this band? Last record I enjoyed by them was "Viva la Vida"…

4. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I mean, they are releasing this under a completely different name which should tell you right off the bat it's going to be pretty different.

That being said.... this sucks. But I feel like they've cultivated a pretty decent following of middle-aged women who will fuckin' rage to this in their belly dancing classes as they try and make it safely to the other side of an existential crisis.

5. Tyler Mills

Bread makes you fat?! Supporter

just loled in a meeting at work. thanks

beachdude and russvanderhoof like this.
  6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

As someone who thinks Viva La Vida is their best record I'd recommend revisiting Ghost Stories!

BEsterley, Jonathan, Tim and 4 others like this.
  7. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

I actually love most of Ghost Stories, and I get flashes of greatness on most of their newer records, but their great moments are starting to get too few and far between.

beachdude and Damien Davies like this.
  8. Beholdtheriver

Regular

Coldplay is a band I stan no matter what and I find this song to be a vibe.

THAT SAID

Viva La Vida is their best record and they have only scratched the surface of that greatness since.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I said this regarding a different music video a couple months ago, but I'll say it again, bands need to stop emphasizing the vapid lyrics of their songs with lyric videos like this. I mean much of the chorus of this song isn't even words. Which is less a criticism of this song; as I'm not a fan of theirs and am not the intended audience, and don't judge it one way or the other, but this just doesn't seem like the optimal type of song to release a lyric video for.

10. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Don't think this song is terrible, nor is it a crazy departure from their recent albums.

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I feel like modern Coldplay is at an impasse. They were so revered, so huge, so great at what they did before. Much of what they did was popularized by young people of the early to mid 00's. Now, a newer generation is being exposed to them and they're trying to cater to them, not as themselves, but what they think this newer generation wants them to be. Coldplay, you're not 25 anymore.