Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

No big surprises or deep cuts for my top 5.

1. Welcome Home
    2. Here We Are Juggernaut
    3. No World For Tomorrow
    4. Mother Superior
    5. In Keeping Secrets

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Time Consumer
    The Crowing
    In Keeping Secrets
    2's My Favorite 1
    Wake Up

inwaves and SpyKi like this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

What does Claudio dislike about Crossing The Frame? That song is great

4. MrDaveH

Regular

He said that he doesn't think it fits on the album.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love Crossing The Frame.

inwaves likes this.
  6. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I guess "Crossing the Frame," along with "The Suffering," retains just a tinge of that emo/punk sensibility from SSTB/IKS that most of the rest of the record ditches completely. Never thought anything of it, though. Great track.

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So as someone who basically stopped listening to them after Good Apollo Vol. 1, do they have any other songs in the vein of "Everything Evil" or "The Crowing?" Songs that just build and build on each other before exploding?

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes check out The Afterman:Ascension/Descension

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Check out Domino on Ascension for sure.

10. christsizedshoes

Trusted

"Domino" is definitely the best example of that format post-GA:V1. "Gravity's Union" and "The Audience" are perhaps other examples. They're rare these days, though.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  11. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Domino just doesn't have the punch that I think it needs production wise.

12. AngryMan

Regular

The End Complete III and Gravity's Union. Mother Superior doesn't quite fit your description but is one of their best.

13. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

My buddy got us tickets to see Neverender in Kansas City. I've never seen them live before and I'm beyond excited.

Davjs likes this.
  14. atlas

Trusted

Jesus fuck they sound pristine. Zach!!!!

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They sound amazing.

Bummed they didn't bring back the guillotine for the tour

16. bodkins

Trusted

Really hope I can snag a copy of Good Apollo on RSD.

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I always thought No World for Tomorrow was an extremely underrated track

Pepetito, Davjs and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yep, especially live, it was a batshit insane opener back when they were opening shows with it.

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

no world the song rules, the album as a whole just wore the classic rock influence on its sleeve a little too much. still had some awesome songs though.

Pepetito and christsizedshoes like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

That's true, but I guess I'm a huge classic rock fan because I loved it lol. I remember hearing the opening of The Hound and thinking man this sounds old school rock. Same with Ten Speed.

Pepetito likes this.
  21. Micah511

yeah the hound is great, and i guess the initial complaint that i originally had was that compared to good apollo, it felt lacking. the running free compared to the suffering. The end complete compared to the willing well felt espcially lackin, mainly radio bye bye. looking back on it now though it holds a good place in their discog though, and knowing what the band was going through at the time and still pushed out a solid album is impressive.

22. Davjs

Trusted

I had no idea the band was going through something when that came out, always sad to hear. Yeah, I guess in comparison to Good Apollo I can see that, even though I like Running Free it's doesn't stand up to comparison at all lol.

23. Micah511

yeah, while they were touring on good apollo mic (bass) and josh (drums) both left the band due to substance abuse issues. Mic came back while they were writing and recording and hes on the album, but josh was replaced by Chris Pennie from DEP. He couldnt play on the album due to record label contracts, so the parts are (supposedly) written by him but played by taylor hawkins of foo fighters. just a lot of outside stuff going on while they were trying to do that, and travis is probably the biggest classic rock fan in the band, so i think his influence shined more than on other albums.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I just listened to NWFT in full last night, and will argue that it's an equally enjoyable album to Good Apollo 1 (hard to argue semantics since they're all great up until YOTBR, which is ok/good). The band faltered towards the end of NWFT (the last 2 suites), and the Good Apollo suites are better as a whole...but some of the songs on NWFT are my favorites of theirs.

And I love the little tidbit that Hawkins played on that album as well, which is kind of a cool trivia fact

25. devenstonow

Noobie

i'm the only person who thinks feathers is probably the best coheed song.

will report back after the coheed binge i'm about to go on