Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 72

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

New prize fighter song is pretty nice

buuuuut just give me vaxis 2 plz

amorningofsleep likes this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

everyone who was talking about cutting "Love Protocol" in here... who the hell hurt you?

one of my favourite songs they've written this decade and maybe overall :shrug:

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Number City fucks so goddamn hard.

4. Rowan5215

I have many problems with Descension, but that middle run of "Number City" - "Gravity's Union" - "Away We Go" is more or less perfect. straight rippers

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Descension is probably my favourite album by them. 2's My Favourite 1 rocks my shit.

waking season, Rowan5215 and Micah511 like this.
  6. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Iron Fist is the only misfire for me on Descension. How do people feel about The Hard Sell? I dig it. Don't see it mentioned often. I remember it being compared to NWFT when it came out as a single.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

"The Hard Sell" and the last 3 songs on that album just do absolutely nothing for me. have tried so many times to get into them and just, nothing

the piano demo of "2's My Favorite 1" is gorgeous though

8. KalValor

Regular

Lyrically I don’t really care for The Hard Sell but damn the syncopation of the pre-chorus/ chorus RIPS

waking season likes this.
  9. deflector

formerly pizzatime

It's great. I like Here to Mars better though and they seem to tread similar territory.

waking season likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Hard Sell is dope. Riffs hard.

I've listening to Vaxis a couple times the last few days. Such a consistently good album.

bodkins and waking season like this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Always loved the Gilmour-esque solo on that song

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to The Afterman now and Zach really made his presence known immediately, so many good bass lines

13. Micah511 Mar 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 18, 2021)
    Micah511

just listened to Gravity's Union. I still get chills.

EDIT: I'll refrain from double posting, listening to them on kind of shuffle this morning. I love Ghost so much. Something about that second guitar lick during the chorus just does it for me.

14. Micah511

New PFI is fine. Coheed is my favorite band, but the offshoot projects have never done a lot for me.

15. Rowan5215

that's out today? damn alright

16. I love the first Prize Fighter album, but I don't think I've really listened to anything else from that project, when I think about it.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Vaxis Act II when

18. MrDaveH

Regular

He said yesterday during the PFI listen party on Twitch that they're working on it now and that it will "challenge the Coheed fans".

Anthony_, Rowan5215, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  19. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Damn, well Vaxis I challenged me to not skip songs on it so. Maybe II will be for me.

20. Rowan5215

"Death Rattle" is such a fucking great song, gets better every spin

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

so ready for Vaxis II

theagentcoma and Joe4th like this.
  22. Micah511

I don't know if challenging for Coheed fans means something less catchy than Vaxis (totally cool with that) or if he is vibing songs that sound like TCBTS again (not really excited about that).

23. atlas

Trusted

From my experience, anything that's less than a 7 minute song with multiple guitar solos is "challenging" for Coheed fans

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Outside of the singles, She's the Brains... is the only one that hits anything close to C&C

but She's the Brains' chorus is absolutely incredible

25. atlas

Trusted

I'm assuming that guy Zakk Cervini is producing the record and I wasn't familiar with him so I looked him up and his recent output is uh, not encouraging