Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 67

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

got the black 180g hand numbered tour variant of SSTB. Definitely one of my favorites in my collection.

Joe4th likes this.
  2. grrrrrrr

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Listening to my IKSOSE:3 vinyl for the first time. This was my first Coheed album (bought it a week before seeing them at Warped Tour 2004 and saw them at 11AM on a side stage LMAO) and truly one of my all-time favorites. I've listened to this album so much but I still find new things - a guitar line, a lyric, a bass line, a drum fill - that keeps it fresh. What an unbelievable sophomore record.

EDIT: Side B starting with the rain and scream into The Crowing is inspired.

4. bodkins

Trusted

I need to snag that on vinyl.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Such a fantastic album

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

My introduction to Coheed was seeing the Blood Red Summer music video on Fuse back in the day, like early '05. I went out and bout IKS on CD pretty quickly after that. Been a fan ever since. IKS is still my favorite of their records.

7. Micah511

IKS is as close as I'll come to calling something a perfect record. Maybe GA too.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Amazing

10. atlas

Trusted

11. Micah511

I have OG NWFT, but I might pick this up if there are some fun goodies to go along with it.

12. atlas

Trusted

Vinyl is live on their web store now, just copped

waking season likes this.
  13. Micah511

oh no, is it already gone?

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I just got one a minute ago, I’d check again!

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I was too indecisive and the matter was taken out of my hands.

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

But hey, it got me to throw the record on. So it hasn’t exactly been a bad morning.

17. Barcara

Regular

NWFT is one of my favourite Coheed albums!

I actually prefer The End Complete to the The Willing Well.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Blasphemy

19. Micah511

I feel like the get compared unfairly. The End Complete (the song) is the only song even trying to be "progressive" in the same way that The Willing Wells were, and I 100% think it holds it's own against them. Radio Bye Bye and The Road and the Damned and plenty catchy enough, and On the Brink with the hails is epic enough.

I think I did have some initial disappointment with the TEC suite because I was expecting TWW pt. 2, but I love it for what it is, and if someone likes the more straightforward pop sensibility side of Coheed more than the weird progressive side, I can 100% understand why they like TEC better.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love me some Radio Bye Bye

Pepetito and waking season like this.
  21. Micah511

Just put the album on. Title track is so good, I thought for a second about saying it's my favorite true opener, but uh, Coheed always knocks that out of the park, don't they? Time Consumer, In Keeping Secrets, Welcome Home, NWFT, The Broken, Domino, Sentry, Island (definitely the outlier), and The Dark Sentencer? Geeeeezzzz

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Island fucks

chewbacca110 and waking season like this.
  23. Micah511

Island is great. I don't think it touches any of those other songs though.

24. Micah511

Kind of forgot how incredible NWFT is, and how Unheavenly Creatures is probably more the spiritual successor to this than any other album. Catchy bangers for daaaaaaayyyyssss. Feathers is incredible.

sammyboy516 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk I personally feel Vaxis 1 is more akin to IKS/GA1/The Afterman vibes.