Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I love Mother May I, but "I'll leave the light off, to turn your mother on" is not good.

2. drewinseries

Drew

The Willing Wells >

bodkins likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

Each successive part of Willing Well I is better than the last, which fucking owns

inwaves and christsizedshoes like this.
  4. christsizedshoes

Trusted

IKS just baaaaarely edges out GA:IV for my top spot, but I can abide any combo of SSTB, IKS, and GA:IV as the top 3.

What I can't live with is considering the Afterman stuff as good as any of those, which seems to be a thing here.

5. AngryMan

Regular

Gravity's Union is up there with some of their best stuff. So is Number City and maybe a couple others. As a whole, it falls well below any of their first three albums for me.

KalValor likes this.
  6. Micah511

I think I like Afterman as a whole more than SSTB.

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I'm working in fashion right now and Atlas came up as a child influencer

8. atlas

Trusted

that's pretty hilarious actually. mostly Chondra's doing, I imagine.

also the word "influencer" makes the skin crawl right off my bones

theagentcoma, inwaves and Joe4th like this.
  9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, not a fan of the term either, but it's basically been ingrained in my brain.

It's also funny because my boss who brought him up had no idea who Coheed was. They just knew the kid.

10. MrDaveH

Regular

He doesn't hate it, he just (now) thinks it didn't fit on the record.

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I don't think there is a single song off of either IKS or GA1 that I don't like tbh

12. Horrorca

Trusted

2nd Stage = IKS > everything else by 1000 miles

TJ Wells and choke like this.
  13. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I'd have to go with In Keeping Secrets as my favorite, just above Second Stage. Second Stage was the first Coheed album I heard, but IKS was the one that made me fall completely in love.

14. Micah511

I bought IKS, then SSTB, but it was the Live at Starland Ballroom that sealed the deal that they were my favorite band. GA confirmed that, and they've been my favorite band ever since then.

15. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I go through phases where I like my rock music a little stranger such as Mars Volta, Coheed, Mastodon, Circa Survive, MwY, etc., and where I like it way more straight forward like TBS, Bayside, Anti-Flag. Hoping this will be as big for me as Ascension and Descension were for me.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I went to get a burrito and the restaurant was playing Second Stage, got a little too excited

theagentcoma and inwaves like this.
  17. atlas

Trusted

Jamming the Aftermen today. the chorus to Evagria is one of my favorite choruses of all time, if only because the list of people who would write a chorus like that is Claudio and no one else

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone ever read the Amory Wars graphic novels? I was re-reading the plots for each record and I forgot how wild this story gets in Good Apollo V1.

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I tried the comics but found them to be kind of a slog :(

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ahh man, that's a bummer to hear.

21. drewinseries

Drew

I get the whole writer thing from Claudio's life at that point, but I kind of hate that introduction into the story.

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It gets kind of hard to follow. Does the writer have control over Claudio the character or does the character still have control over his own destiny? I feel like if I read the comics I'd get a better idea than from the plot synopsis. Either way, it is a little out there and takes away from the story in the first two albums.

Though I do love the idea of a guy hallucinating that his 10 speed bike is a demon and arguing with it.

23. drewinseries

Drew

If I remember correctly, the Writing Writer is just a dude who got cheated on, and creates a story about it, and that is story is the KBI and all of those characters, and the worlds merge somehow and he's seen as their god.

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, that's what I thought. To me, that makes the KBI story itself a little less endearing. The music is still awesome as all hell though.

drewinseries likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Wasn't it announced that there was going to be a movie adaptation a while back? I'm guessing that fell through. I could totally see it being picked up as a series though.

Edit: Totally was, with Marky Mark as a producer haha.