Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Warmed my heart reading this.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I became a fan after In Keeping Secrets (Blood Red Summer was the clincher track, I was at one of those old listening stations at HMV and was like fuck who are these guys?), and their evolution between IKSSE:3 and Good Apollo is still one of the greatest things ever. They became a gigantic rock band on that album.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

[​IMG]

1/24/17
    pw: tenspeed

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Tour/vinyl for Eyes of Madness probably.

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

that would be cool

8. atlas

Trusted

There's no way it's not the tour announcement. I feel like I've been waiting half my life for this, it's my favorite album of all time haha

MegT585 likes this.
  9. Horrorca

Trusted

first two records were really great, third was ok, then they lost me

first record continues to be a p original take on emo, punk, pop and prog, and has aged surprisingly good

new stuff is... blah

I'll listen to Rush if I want stuff like that, thank you

christsizedshoes likes this.
  10. Horrorca

Trusted

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. christsizedshoes

Trusted

So much truth here, even though to me Good Apollo is on the same quality level as the first two, despite being a big curveball.

NWFT onward is a shell of their former selves. I still enjoy some of it, though. I actually really liked the last LP for what it was.

I feel like in general, so much of the time that I disagree with a band's sudden change in direction, it involves their choosing to emulate some classic rock aesthetic or era almost to the point of parody. Indirect inspiration from the giants of the 60s/70s/80s is fantastic; anything more explicit than that almost always leads to disappointment, IMO.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Na.

Ascension/Descension was a huuuuuge rebound from NWFT, and YotBR. The Color Before the Sun was ok. Island, Colors, Atlas, and Peace to the Mountain are all 10/10.

If they announce a Good Apollo v.1 tour I'm going.

13. bodkins

Trusted

Need Good Apollo on vinyl.

14. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Yeah if anything is the outlier in their discography, its Year of the Black Rainbow. I wasn't impressed much at all with The Colour Before The Sun, but if you're writing off everything after Good Apollo, you're missing a lot of good stuff, especially on The Afterman discs - Ascension and Descension feature a handful of the best songs they've ever written.

Pepetito likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

So excited for a Good Apollo tour.

But yeah, Ascension/Descension were both fantastic and were a massive return to form for them. Even NWFT has some great songs on it.

16. atlas

Trusted

Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor floating around that The Dear Hunter are opening this tour?

17. Joe4th

I've heard it from a couple of people that usually hear about these tours, and it looks like it may be true. I really hope so.

18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Full on agree with this. The Aftermans were a fucking huge recovery from the previous two.

beachdude42 and Cameron like this.
  19. vidiviciveni

Trusted

NWFT got glossed over a lot also and it was a fairly bloated album, but "The Hounds of Blood and Rank" and "Feathers" are among Coheed's best.

20. Joe4th

I'm still so sad I missed the IKS:3 tour

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh yeah. I agree there are a handful of songs on NWFT, and YotBR that are great. Just a majority of both albums are kinda meh. Also imo there's not a lot of filler on The Afterman.

22. Joe4th

I really love every song on Ascension, and a good majority of Descension.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pretty much Away We Go is just there.

24. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Away We Go is great. Evagria was tops from that album though

25. JM95

Trusted

The Color Before The Sun is in my top 3 albums of 2015.