Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

"The rumors were true! We're hitting the road this summer with a band we've been friends with for many years, but have never done a full tour with - TAKING BACK SUNDAY!
    The shows will mostly be outdoors and we'll make them special. Also joining the fray, our new friends from The Story So Far.

A Special fan presale - where you can get the BEST tickets - starts TOMORROW at 10am.Your password is COHEEDV
    We advise you get them early!

General onsale starts Friday10am.

So much new to be told in the coming. Stay Tuned!

XXOO
    COHEED AND CAMBRIA"

Full email.

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

am I the only person that's excited about both bands? I've never seen Coheed before and TBS is entertaining even though I wouldn't call them good haha

Kingjohn_654 and beachdude42 like this.
  3. Micah511

Probably. It seems the vast majority of people are excited for one or the other. I don't plan on going, it's in ATL on a Tuesday, which is already two hours away, in an outdoor amphitheater.

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I haven't cared about TBS in a while. I've been underwhelmed by each album they release. And I really dislike TSSF

amorningofsleep likes this.
  5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I would go only if they weren't at Freedom Hill.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Is the nj show outside?

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Don't care for TSSF, only experience wiht them was for their Riot set this past summer. Touroughly unimpressed.

Coheed is a GOAT for me and TBS, while sometimes vocally shaky, is an entertaining show. Seen both numerous times.

Joe4th and beachdude42 like this.
  8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Second stage still slaps.

9. atlas

Trusted

fwiw they've definitely been up to something of late. Here's a video of them hanging out in Applehead Studios with a pig

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Haha I love Travis

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Lets go philly ra ra

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's a covered amphitheater, so it's open air but has a roof over it.

13. Anthony_

I need to get back into Coheed. Been too long since I've really gone through their stuff. IKS is one of my favorite albums, just because of how ridiculously catchy it is and how it was amongst the early albums I listened to back when I was getting into good music in early high school. Also I want to join in on the hype for a new installment of the Amory Wars.

Would really love to go to that Jersey date, totally all-in for Coheed and TBS (although TSSF can kick rocks, they suck). Too bad it's on a Thursday though, it'd be hard to swing for me.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. Anthony_

Ok so I'm going chronologically in the order the albums were released.

Goddamn SSTB still bangs. Such a scrappy record but so damn brilliant. The end of Everything Evil still kicks ass, Delirium Trigger is still a jam, Neverender is still one of my favorite Coheed songs ever, and God Send Conspirator still really grooves. But I love all these songs, gah. This was not the first Coheed album that I listened to (IKS was), but I did play the hell out of this thing back in the day. There was probably a time when it even displaced IKS as my personal favorite, but that isn't really the case anymore. I still absolutely adore it, though.

As for In Keeping Secrets...just...woah. This thing is probably amongst my favorite records ever, and I can say that without any hesitation. It's just so good. From the absolutely epic opening salvo that is the title track, which still gets my blood pumping to this day, to the catchy-as-all-hell hooks on Three Evils, Blood Red Summer, and Favor House, to the Velourium Camper trilogy just being a total roller coaster ride, to The Light & The Glass serving as a truly incredible closer (not counting 2113), it's just top-notch songwriting and great performances all around. Every time I go a long period without listening to this thing and then come back to it, I feel like it absolutely floors me all over again. So good.

Cameron, Joe4th, Bryan Diem and 3 others like this.
  15. atlas

Trusted

Backend of Forever is their most underrated song don't @ me

16. Anthony_

I'm @-ing you to say I agree

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

@ to commend you, one of my favs. Honestly Honestly my least favorite track is Al becsuse the production is really weak for the sound and Neverender version is unbelievable

18. atlas

Trusted

I'm meh on Al too, it's like a 7/10 tune on album full of 10s. One of the only things holding IKSSE back from being as great as GA1 in my eyes.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’ve always been of the opinion that GA is too self-indulgent to ever beat out IKS. I adore both, and agree on Al, but IKS has a simple earnestness about it, as if it’s a bunch kids trying as hard as they can to write the catchiest, most epic album ever...rather than GA1, which to me sounds like a band that just keeps trying to use the tricks they’ve learned previously to service the story rather than the music.

Absolutely adore both albums though, and all 4 first Coheed albums are in my top 50 albums of all time.

20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Al the Killer is the only song that Chris Pennie made better because he added in this sick double bass part thats not on the record and it became a shit ton more fun live

Joe4th and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Dont get me wrong, Al rules, just is not flattering I guess haha.

22. atlas

Trusted

ha, don't get me wrong, GA1 and IKSSE are my #1 and #2 albums of all time, respectively. I'm more attached to them than words can say. Something about GA1 in particular just elevates it to another level for me. The production is *easily* my favorite of any Coheed album, and maybe any album ever. Every guitar lead is so fuckin great, Crossing the Frame and Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets are two horrendously under-appreciated tracks that have some of their best guitar work ever. And the harmonies, Jesus H Christ the harmonies. It would be another 1000 years before I found another album I love as much as GA1

Bryan Diem likes this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

That’s awesome man!!!!! The great thing is that I really can’t argue against you there. I waited 3 hours in 45 degree weather for the chance to get GAI on vinyl for RSD (I was too young for the first pressing). I love being a Coheed fan because there’s such a large degree of subjectivity to it, meanwhile the fandom can objectively agree that so many of their albums are phenomenal.

I’m going ahead and listening to GAI on vinyl now thanks a lot @atlas

atlas likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

Holy fuck Welcome Home is such a fucking monster

Joe4th and Micah511 like this.
  25. Micah511

People got down on Welcome Home because of the rock band overplaying, but the song absolutely rules. IKS and GAI can’t be touched.

coleslawed likes this.