Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed & Cambria Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Doubt we'd get a film adaptation as cool as that would be. The graphic novels are more than enough as far as supplementary material for the albums and I just don't think any movie would be as good as what I'm picturing in my head or what's portrayed in the graphic novels when I listen to these songs.

On that note Claudio (the character) isn't what I pictured but Ryan looks EXACTLY how I thought he'd look lol

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Any word on new music? Personally I couldn't care less about the story or the comics, just need fresh jams

3. CoffeeEyes17

They're working on an album and I'd imagine we could expect it this year perhaps. They've been in the studio on and off for a little while now

4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Nice. Hard to believe its been two years already since TCBTS but it had little staying power for me and I need some Flaming End of the Willing Feathers or whatever

Cameron, AngryMan and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Me: misogyny in the scene is toxic and dangerous

Also me: JESSE BAD BOY JUST COME LOOK AT WHAT YOUR BROTHER DID TO THAT GIRLS PRECIOUS LITTLE W*ORE OF A BODY

(This is just a joke btw I know C&C aren't sexist and I know context in the story is important and I know making light of that isn't cool I'm just pointing out my own hypocrisy when being deceived by a catchy melody)

6. CoffeeEyes17

NEw album Flaming End Of The Willing Feathers out August 8th

Joe4th likes this.
  7. MrDaveH

Regular

Don't expect a NWFT comic any time soon. Good Apollo has a loooong way to go and they're only on issue 3 or 4.
    Then they'll have to write and commission art after GA runs its course which would be around late 2018.

So...maybe by 2020 you'll hear that they're writing it.

Comics take a long time to produce.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

i doubt we get new music this year. They'll probably take some time off after these GA tours then hit the studio hard at the beginning of next year. Coheed write/record for a long time usually, especially since this is going back to amory wars.

9. CoffeeEyes17

Still cant get over just how GOOD the band sounds on Neverender. I love the little tidbits of info Claudio gives throughout, like the second stage turbine blade being an engine his father worked on in an airplane factory or that Al The Killer was very clearly inspired by Han Solo, and they just sound like theyre firing on all cylinders every night.

My only regret is they didnt do a YOTBR night because I'm almost certain it wouldve sounded better produced than the record we got

10. Micah511

really? man, i have a hard time going back and listening to neverender because i think they sound 1000% times better now.

11. CoffeeEyes17

i love that concert and how raw but tight it sounds. i also like the additional live members adding parts that werent on record.

Joe4th likes this.
  12. AngryMan

Regular

I legitimately could not stand the GA1 era backup singers that they brought back for Neverender. They sounded terrible...always off key. In fact, GA1 era Coheed was kind of a weird thing. This is when the label was pushing them to be the next Fall Out Boy, and Claudio was only wearing western shirts and started singing in his weird accent. Glad the accent has become less pronounced over the years.

13. CoffeeEyes17

i thought both the girls were great but to each their own

MrDaveH and AngryMan like this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Does anyone know how the retail version of the GA1 vinyl sounds? I know there was a few funky things about iks so I want to know before buying this one.

15. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I'd probably enjoy some new Coheed music

[​IMG]

beachdude42 and amorningofsleep like this.
  16. AngryMan

Regular

Radio's in disrepair, just gimme what you got gimme what you got, gimme gimme

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

With so many disasters coming at us, it’s hard to lend your support to every one of them. Puerto Rico is devastated. Two weeks after Hurricane Maria tore through Puerto Rico, the situation on the island remains dire: Only 5 percent of the electrical grid has been repaired, only 17 percent of cellphone towers are working, and more than half of residents don't have running water.

Chonny and Clyde is a new project from Claudio Sanchez (Coheed and Cambria) and his wife Chondra Echert. While they were not ready to release this project to the world, they felt doing so now might help inspire some out there to donate to help Puerto Rico. The couple said, "In light of the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and subsequent delayed governmental response, we decided that these songs we’d written to originally include on a Chonny & Clyde album would be better served in the here and now to help our brothers and sisters in PR to rebuild and heal. ALL PROCEEDS will benefit UNIDOS POR PUERTO RICO’s efforts to support those affected. The ocean is never too wide to cross for one another in times of disaster. Please pay what you can.”

Name your price ($5 minimum) for this 3 song ep, “Celesti” and receive their 3-song ep download. ALL PROCEEDS will go to UNIDOS POR PUERTO RICO. We encourage you to pay what you can to help.

About Unidos Por Puerto Rico: United for Puerto Rico is an initiative brought forth by the First Lady of Puerto Rico, Beatriz Rosselló, in collaboration with the private sector, with the purpose of providing aid and support to those affected in Puerto Rico by the passage of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane María. 100% of the proceeds will go to helping the victims afteced by these natural disasters in Puerto Rico. http://unidosporpuertorico.com.

About Chonny & Clyde: Claudio Sanchez and his life partner/collaborator, Chondra Echert have co-written many comic books, including Kill Audio, Key of Z, and the current series, The Amory Wars. While Echert has guested on some of Sanchez’s musical works in the past, this is their first endeavor as a team.

Name your price for "Celesti" now and at the same time, help the people of Puerto Rico.

18. MrDaveH

Regular

They've said they raised over $10,000 and counting, which is pretty great!

inwaves likes this.
  19. Micah511

revisited TCBTS and now the Afterman albums...

TCBTS does what it is trying to do well. It is catchy, the production is pretty good and all the songs flow pretty well, except...
    The Audience. I don't know, I love proggy, weird Coheed as much as anyone, but this song feels like, "crap, I guess we have to write something dark for this album." and completely sleptwalked and wrote this one. the timing and flow of the verses in the beginning is cool, but as soon as the "this is my audience" part kicks in, it becomes a snoozer for me.

I'm currently listening to Ascension. Domino was such a perfect comeback after YOTBR. I was the hardcore Coheed fan that was greatly disappointed with YOTBR (I can appreciate it more now), and Domino was what most Coheed fans wanted from a Coheed song that was missing with YOTBR.

My only complaint with it, and everything that has come out since, is that Travis is either super low in the mix, or his lead parts sound really lazy for the most part. There are exceptions (Goodnight Fair Lady, Atlas) but it's just... odd. Dude always had crazy parts in IKS and GA, so its not like he suddenly forgot how to write good leads. I'm curious how that came about.

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Micah511 Oct 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2017)
    Micah511

I'm on Evagria now. I honestly almost forgot this song existed, but it might be my favorite off Ascension, either it or Domino.

EDIT: This version of Subtraction without all the electronic glitches is much better to me.

EDIT 2: this version of Iron Fist is better too. The banjo in the chorus rules.

21. drewinseries

Drew

Since it's quiet on the Coheed front I figured i'd share my close friends, Vitamin Sun, who are heavily influenced by Coheed. This is the new single from their second LP. We actually all bonded over how much we all loved coheed. Later we would all admit that we were internally wondering how much we should geek out to each other about Coheed as we were all getting to know each other.

The musicianship far exceeds the filming of this lol.

22. Micah511

23. Micah511

Doesn't really excite me, but the presale code is 'COHEEDV', and that does excite me since the next album is rumored to continue The Amory Wars, which would be V.

24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Can I get a "fuck" with an immediate "yes"?

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Oh shit, that's definitely better news than the tour itself