Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed and Cambria - Vaxis - Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (October 5, 2018) Album • Page 66

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jun 22, 2018.

1. christsizedshoes

Trusted

This crushes Afterman... so easily the best since the big 3. I'm still trying to decide if it's worthy of just making it the big 4 at this point. This is damn close to matching SSTB in total quality, even if the consistency isn't quite to that level.

Bryan Diem and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Also Black Sunday is one of their best ever, along with True Ugly (that fuckin' bridge)... and I don't think I've gone a week since October without listening to multiple tracks from this record.

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

[​IMG]

4. Micah511

I really wish I clicked with True Ugly the way everyone else does. It seems so by the numbers to me until the bridge, which yeah, it is awesome. I do love Queen of the Dark though, and you could probably say that one is even more straightforward.

5. socklord

Trusted

I agree with all of this. The bridge is the easy highlight of that song for me. If I had to pick a least favorite, Night-Time Walkers probably gets my vote. It’d be either that or True Ugly. I think all these songs are very solid at worst though and among their best at...best

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. KalValor

Regular

I think my least favorite would have to be Toys, honestly. I wish I saw what everybody else seems to see in that track.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Toys and NTW are far and away my favs along with the Gutter.

8. Micah511

relistening now for the first time in a while. I forget that the title track exists, haha

Bryan Diem likes this.
  9. socklord

Trusted

The title track is such an oddball for them but I love it. That chorus is infectious

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

toys, love protocol, and the gutter are top 10, possibly top 5 best coheed songs of all time

11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

seeing coheed on friday

which one of you will be there punching me in the face

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is probably the best complete tour package ill have seen in a long, long time. every band is one of my favorites of all time and mastodon is playing one of their best albums front to back. gonna be such a good time

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m so annoyed my date is on a Tuesday in the Bay Area!

14. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

my date is on a Saturday and I am going to get wrecked.

waking season and sophos34 like this.
  15. atlas

Trusted

They had taken them out but I saw that they put The Pavilion and True Ugly back in the set last night. Would much rather see those than some older tunes that I've already seen bunch of times

Joe4th likes this.
  16. socklord

Trusted

Hey we have the same top 3!

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

What did they take out?

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Also best tour package of the year by far

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

I was at the Asbury Park date, very very happy with how it went. I was the only one on my side near the front going crazy for ETID lol and then Mastodon of course killed it and then Coheed finished up with probably the most fun of the three. ETID and Mastodon obviously go for different things so being able to end with something a bit lighter while still going wild was great.

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This is one of very few line ups I’d miss a Bruins Cup game for, can’t wait for this show tonight

Bryan Diem likes this.
  21. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

If this wasn't in an outdoor venue, this would definitely surpass when I saw them with BTBAM and Russian Circles.

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Has Mastodon only been playing Crack the Skye or are they mixing some other stuff in as well? I love Crack the Skye but it’s my first time seeing Mastodon so I’d love to hear some other stuff on top of that album.

23. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'm showing them doing at least four songs after they're done with Crack the Skye.

waking season likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Would love to see them play Sleeping Giant not sure how often they bust that’s out

25. socklord

Trusted

I was just listening to NWFT today and does anybody feel like that album ends a bit weak? The Road & The Damned and On The Brink have always been my picks for the weakest songs on the album along with Justice In Murder

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.