Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed and Cambria - Vaxis - Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (October 5, 2018) Album • Page 65

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Now where’s Vaxis II?

chewbacca110 and Joe4th like this.
  2. atlas

Trusted

chewbacca110, beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I second that. It's an incredible album from one of my favorite local bands and I think it'll surprise a lot of people.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

How's the lore tho

vidiviciveni and Joe4th like this.
  5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

this album still slays

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep

irthesteve and Joe4th like this.
  8. Joe4th

I’m so excited to see them in two weeks

9. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

This looks like a good tour to catch them on. They're playing six or seven songs from this album (depending on whether you do the VIP early entry thing), and a couple other tracks that don't get played that much.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Joe4th like this.
  10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I haven't even looked at the setlists yet. I'm really pumped for the Michigan show and am really happy that I got them for $20. Still not a fan of them playing Freedom Hill, but I'll still have fun.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Joe4th

I’ll be there too! One of my least favorite venues but I’m only ten minutes away from it which is nice haha

amorningofsleep likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Micah511 like this.
  13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I'll second the Narco Debut recommendation.

I'm not going to this tour but I'm jealous since they are playing Mother Superior and Gravity's Union. Haven't seen those in a while.

14. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Those were the two which make me the saddest I'm not hitting this tour. I think I've only seen "Mother Superior" maybe once or twice, and I've never seen "Gravity's Union", despite having seen them 16 times.

KalValor likes this.
  15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

the only time I've seen Mother Superior was the small market tour they did in 2012 that was their first tour with Zach and Josh back. I saw Gravity's Union once that was another small market tour that was in the fall of 2013.

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Those spoilers are making me HYPE

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I will THIRD that Narco Debut rec!

atlas likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

4x

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

saturday is my tour stop so ive been revisiting this album. fuck is it still so good or what. is there anything better than the gutter acoustic?

20. socklord

Trusted

I also have been revisiting this album and it still holds up strong. Not sure I've seen much Black Sunday hype, but the section after the bridge and through the end of the song is pure gold. "We're here to catch the bomb" is one of my favorite vocal melodies from Claudio on this album.

21. atlas

Trusted

I can honestly pretty much come back to any track on this record at any time and it's a winner. I love everything the band has done but I think this has a level of lasting power they haven't reached in a really long time. Definitely think it's their best after the big 3 (SSTB, IKSSE, GA1)

22. socklord

Trusted

I think this is easily their best since IKS. I felt the same way about the Afterman albums. This album has certainly joined those ones as my go-to Coheed albums. I give SSTB some love from time to time. The rest I usually just jump around to whatever songs I wanna listen to at the time.

23. sawhney[rusted]2

Does this mean you think this is better than the Afterman albums?

24. socklord

Trusted

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. Joe4th

This is their best since GA1 for me