Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed and Cambria - Vaxis - Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (October 5, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This is great!

2. atlas

Trusted

Yeah, I love that song. Top tier chorus

waking season and drewinseries like this.
  3. KalValor

Regular

I have strongly mixed feelings

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

not super into it but it will need repeated listens. kinda lacks any sort of edge

vidiviciveni likes this.
  5. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Man this is not good. Shame, as I was finally coming around on Dark Sentencer being solid.

6. drewinseries

Drew

Title track is rad. Agreed with the top tier chorus comments. It almost feels like In Keeping style pop infused some of Number City's weirdness.

waking season likes this.
  7. musicfan10

Trusted

If by nuts you meant sucked. Those 2 bands killed the entire vibe at dallas

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s my favorite lineup I’ve seen them with. I’m a huge fan of BTBAM and Russian Circles and they both killed it. There were definitely some people who were thrown off by BTBAM but I thought it was a fantastic show. I was at the Philly date and the crowd seemed to mostly be into it.

beachdude42, Cameron and theagentcoma like this.
  9. musicfan10

Trusted

I just can’t get into btbam. Too much screaming

waking season likes this.
  10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough! I love Tommy’s voice but it’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. I think they and Russian Circles were good openers given that the lead single off Descension was a heavier song. The worst reaction I’ve seen for a Coheed opener is when they toured with Balance and Composure. I was into it but most people didn’t seem to know what to do then I, the Mighty came on and the place went nuts. That show was also in a beach town in NH in October so everything was boarded up for the winter. Real eerie vibe.

11. musicfan10

Trusted

Yeah I love balance and composure and thought Coheed fans would love them!? It was an odd vibe for sure. Wonder why they didn’t like them?

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Because B&C aren’t that great live, as much as I love their records.

drewinseries likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

^Tru

14. atlas Jun 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2018)
    atlas

Trusted

Balance were great live imo but not until after that tour

also Coheed fans are fickle assholes that don’t like anything except 7 minute prog songs with guitar solos (this also applies to Coheed’s own songs)

beachdude42 and waking season like this.
  15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think it was just the wrong fit for what a lot of Coheed fans were looking for.

16. KalValor

Regular

Your comment is too short and has too much repitition. And no guitar solos...Not good enough.

beachdude42, Davjs and atlas like this.
  17. musicfan10

Trusted

Well balance can tear a place up with the right crowd. I would have picked a harder set for Coheed crowd. I tore you apart in my head!!!!

18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Went back and rewatched the Neverender, Afterman, and Color Before the Sun documentaries the past few days. Really interesting to see where the band was at during each, particularly with Josh and Mic.

19. atlas

Trusted

Josh lost so much weight between Afterman and TCBTS

20. sukottokairu

Regular

gonna need a little more time for it to grow on me, but the new song is pretty good, a little repetitive but i like it more than the afterman title track, which i feel like this is kind of trying to fit that role coming in after the epic intro song (with a hint of here to mars). the chorus is pretty good and claudio's vocal performance pretty much carries the whole song

21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The difference between Neverender and TCBTS for Josh is striking. Really happy he seems to be in a good place now. He just looks thrilled to be there.

22. musicfan10

Trusted

How do you meet the band? Any way to see them before or after show without paying for vip?

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

smh this BTBAM smack talk

24. musicfan10

Trusted

They were brutal and everyone around me was booing them lol

Now circa survive I love as a tour mate

25. waking season Jun 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2018)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I like the title track on first listen. I wish Travis’ parts stood out more but I’m sure they will with more listens. Josh kills it as usual. I like the midi sounding parts, gives me Zelda vibes. Solid 15 minutes to start the record.

Edit: Ok, I love this