Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed and Cambria, Taking Back Sunday, TSSF Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Scott Siegel, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Joe4th likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm there

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Cool.

4. emlantzy

Regular

Might hit the Pittsburgh date up if prices aren't too bad, Stage AE outdoor is nice

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm dreading the fanbase that's going to show up to this

I honestly may just skip and wait for a fall tour when Coheed has a new album out

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If the prices are high then a lot of pop punk bros will probably skip it

7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

raleigh: $29.50 - $69.50
    charlotte: $35.00 - $69.50

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

$40-60 range for Chicago.

9. emlantzy

Regular

$39.50 for Pittsburgh

10. Joe4th

Yeah, I may end up passing on this tour

11. himynameisdakota

Regular

$19-59 for Tampa. Not terrible. I’ll probably just get lawn for the hell of it.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Surely that's before the additional fees as well. It's an outdoor show in July so i'll be fine with with lawn tickets.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've never even heard of The Story So Far...

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

'What You Don't See' is their best album. You don't need to worry about the other two.

zachmacD likes this.
  15. heaththehorizon

Regular

I only know the big Coheed singles, where’s a good place to dive deeper into them?

16. Joe4th

Start with their album In Keeping Secrets. It’s a good mix of everything that they’re about.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

There's a lot to unpack, but the first 3 albums are highlights of the early/mid 2000s Equal Vision-esque scene bands. There were a couple missteps after that, but Afterman: Descension is the best of their new material. That wouldn't be a bad starting point.

18. red8ge

Regular

i'm pretty stoked. coheed is always great and i at least can enjoy TBS' singles.

TSSF will probably be boring, saw them at the holiday show in oakland which was super cool crowd wise but with an audience that doesn't care it's going to be a snoozer

19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Just realized my show's venue is an All-GA Arena (except for "Premium Table Seats")

So that's 3 levels, purely of General Admission club-style flooring

Are there venues like this in other cities? I've never heard of one

20. emlantzy

Regular

Stage AE Outdoor in Pittsburgh is kind of like this? There's a concrete area for a GA pit, a lawn area, and then VIP tables. All of the tickets are the same price except for the tables, not sure if those are reserved for businesses or you can purchase them though

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Express Live in Columbus is also sort of like this. There are GA Pit and Lawn sections that are the same price and both fall under the same ticket.

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Pop-punk band that blew up in the early '10s revival, alongside bands like The Wonder Years, Man Overboard, Transit, etc.

23. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Gonna crowdsurf hard for this one.

24. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Whenever tours like these pop up where it's two legacy acts and a like... post-MySpace age pop punk band that opens it bums me out because it kind of shows you that most of these bands, no matter how talented or popular in their world will ever come close to the popularity of these legacy style bands that are really nowhere near the fandom they were a decade ago. It was a bummer to see that Balance & Composure played 25 minutes opening for Circa/Thrice, for example.

I think this is a weird mashup of artists, but also could be really cool because I think there's overlap of fanbases on all 3, but also I think they all do have their own sets of fans and also all have enough of a distinction in the way they sound that it makes you kind of say, "what?" when they announce this type of tour. I rarely ever miss a TBS tour, but I'll likely miss this one. It's the same venue I saw the Dashboard / TBS / Saosin / TEN tour and I felt ripped off because I spent a ridiculous amount of money to get pit tickets and the tour ended up drawing really poorly. I just don't think it's worth it given that potential outcome. Maybe I'll be able to pay a fraction of the price and get stubhub tickets, who knows.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  25. bkaeser93

Trusted

How do you get the pre sale tickets and is TBS doing any VIP packages?