Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed and Cambria, Taking Back Sunday, TSSF Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Scott Siegel, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Went to the show tonight

The Story So Far- ...fucking trainwreck

Taking Back Sunday- AMAZING.

Coheed & Cambria- Perfection. Got my setlist too, collection is nearly complete.

withchappedlips and Daniel182 like this.
  2. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

TSSF seemed fine?! Just incredibly boring on stage.

3. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I had expectations, this tour was just bad for them... also, no merch?

4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The merch area at MI Lottery sucks to begin with, but there was that tent setup (I think it was a tent, IDR) and it had merch from both TBS + Coheed... TSSF was in the right corner, you couldn't see it if you were approaching the merch table from the right side of the venue (aka walking from the actual seating areas towards the merch table). There was only a couple options in regards to TSSF merch, pretty underwhelming.
    The one TBS shirt with the pink on it was sweet though.

It's just a bummer that the scene is so dead now that a band like TSSF that has drawn huge Warped tour numbers can't duplicate that success on their own tours, to the point where the peak for most of them is opening the show for a band that hasn't written music their own casual fanbase cares about in a decade. The pit during TBS only started moving when the band played Set Phasers To Stun it felt like. Where was that the whole set up until that point?

5. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Yeah it was weird having the merch where it was. I missed TSSF stuff.

Yeah this scene is going to be relying on the bigger bands to show the younger ones how it is done.

6. atlas

Trusted

TSSF had the biggest pit of the show in Chicago lol

7. TMS2787

Trusted

The Story So Far has been ripping off 13-14 songs a night, that’s pretty damn good for an opener. I thought Taking Back Sunday was doing 15 songs but when I looked last night I saw that it was 17, it’s only two more songs but for some reason that makes me pretty damn happy. Haha

8. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Yet they only had 3 T-shirt designs available at the merch table

9. musicfan10

Trusted

Are these venues packed? I’m hoping Coheed selling these out

10. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Detroit was nearly sold out. 6600 of 6800

11. TMS2787

Trusted

I kept count of Adam’s mic swings tonight in Cleveland and tried to keep up on my notepad. I counted 43. +/- a few

12. m32137

Regular

Does he still swing it around his neck? I haven’t seen them live since 2005 and he was doing it a bunch back then.

13. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

He did in Chicago

14. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Mics are for singing, not for...

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe how packed the show was last night. Definitely felt like it was almost sold out

TSSF was terrible as I expected but man lol
    TBS was great
    Coheed while still not my thing definitely put on a great show

bachna84 likes this.
  16. TMS2787

Trusted

Oh yeah, got about 7-8 of those. Haha

bachna84 likes this.
  17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Not for Jesse Lacey that’s for sure. Boooooom

Eclipse and Cgarnsay like this.
  18. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Doors for the Denver show today are 4:30pm with a listed start time of 5:30. Anyone know why that would be the case? I was thinking maybe there were additional bands I weren’t aware of, but this thread looks like it’s just been the three. Hope TBS will get today’s set time up. If they do start much earlier I don’t want to miss anything.

Edit: also there were no cheap tickets for this show like other dates. I saw one last week on StubHub for 40 that I should have gone for, because now there’s less than 10 on StubHub for “normal prices”. It’s not sold out but I didn’t want to spend $65 ish just for TBS

19. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Denver has some big Coheed fan groups meeting up. Sadly I couldn't make the flight.

20. drewinseries

Drew

From the reception it seems like TSSF is just trolling being on this tour? Or are they just bad.

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Their performace was... weird. I think maybe the singer was just high when I saw them in Chicago and he was super low energy.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Trying to get a cheap ticket for the tour on Saturday. Weird to see bands like this play in a amphitheater

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. Scott Siegel

In Austin, the lead singer just stood at the mic with his hands behind his back.

musicfan10 and drewinseries like this.
  24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

They are usually not so great live. But it honestly does seem like they're trolling this tour

drewinseries likes this.
  25. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They absolutely seem like the kind of idiots who would joke around and end up torpedo-ing themselves on a tour that could actually do something helpful for them.

thisisnotbrianm and DrAlanGrant like this.