Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed And Cambria / Saves The Day / Polyphia Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jun 14, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

Heh. That's just kind of funny that on the poster it says "no Saves the Day" but the special guest actually just ended up being Saves the Day

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

not really, they just couldn't announce it until then. very normal practice when other tours are going on

3. SavesTheNight

Newbie Prestigious

I think this is such a weird combination and I could see both fan bases being kind of turned off by the others music. I'm actually a huge fan of STD and older Coheed, I just feel that most people are probably not like me (at least in my experience).

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Polyphia are doing some headlining shows around this tour.

[​IMG]

5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I really hope Saves does the same thing. Need a New England date!!

6. atlas

Trusted

Seems like Coheed's set for this is mostly the same as it was on the last tour, which might upset me if I didn't love all their music and literally any combination of songs they could play would make me happy

7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

STD and Coheed sets please. Might make the drive for this one.

8. MrDaveH

Regular

muttley likes this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

10. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Looks like I got tickets for the Lincoln show, buddy of mine couldn't go so I snagged his ticket for 20 bucks. Hopefully STD's set is good because I'll probs leave before Coheed

11. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

was thinking about going to this with my ex but i'm not gonna be able to deal with hearing any saves the day self titled jams with her around. album might be permanently dead for me now >.<

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Man, Coheed setlists have been bumming me out lately. Same songs every tour, and for a band with that big of a catalog, it's a bummer to only be playing 16 songs, along with a cover..

13. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Went for Saves The Day. Left right after the played. Underwhelming to say the least. They seemed like they did not want to be there. They did play two songs off of sound The Alarm, and that was the best part of their set to me. No energy whatsoever and they did that weird jam session crap for like 3-4 minutes between every song.

14. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Seriously? Having seen Coheed a number of times over the last couple years, I was excited to see Saves The Day. Their setlist seems underwhelming to say the least...definitely a lot of slow ones and missing some of their more popular songs off TBC and SWYA. Bit of a bummer

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

At this point I'd honestly rather hear songs from albums besides TBC and SWYA. I like hearing those songs, but I'd rather they cut some of them to give their other albums some time to shine.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  16. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I haven't seen Saves the Day since 2009. I have low expectations. I am stoked Coheed is playing Delerium Trigger and the Crowing, but I wish this set had more Afterman songs. And no covers.

17. tomfrombrick

does anyone have pics from the merch table for any of the bands? Going to the starland show and wondering if i should bring any extra cash

18. MrDaveH Oct 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2016)
    MrDaveH

Regular

Depending on when the show is they'll probably have the new Ten Speed shirt (NYCC exclusive this weekend but I have a feeling they'll take any extras on the road) and the Kid Crazy items.

Edit: They've confirmed they'll be selling the new Good Apollo vol 1 comic "Sketchbook/Ashcans" they just announced for NYCC at all future shows. No word on the price, I'd guess they're between $10 - $20 depending on page count and printing format.