Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed And Cambria - "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume 1" Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 24, 2017.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

The whole ten year thing is becoming really played out anyways.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

So let's do a 12 year anniversary tour!

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It doesn't have to be an anniversary for a band to play a whole album on a tour

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I mean, Coheed and JEW were the first two bands I believe to do the full album + anniversary tours. I'm sure they're now going to be the first to randomly tour an entire album.

5. Joe4th

Got gold tickets to Michigan. Ticket waiting room sites are the worst and probably cost me getting platinum

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

If a band wants to tour and play old songs to a crowd that wants to hear them, what's the problem?

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. Scott Siegel

There isn't a problem, he's just being a troll.

GrantCloud and y2jayjk like this.
  8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I was praising Coheed by saying the "ten year" thing is played out. It's completely fine to do a full album tour, but by now it seems like bands are just expected to do a ten year tour for their biggest album. And then if your Hawthorne Heights you just exclusively tour on that album for a whole entire year, which really takes away from it being special at all. At 12 years, yeah its moreso unexpected, and I am aware that Coheed has been doing the Neverender thing for a while, pioneering this newer trend.

9. bennjeff

Regular

Sucks that the NC date of this is 1)In Charlotte and 2)Part of a pretty shitty festival and that show isn't part of the anniversary tour

10. muttley

I hope the "what's the problem" part of that post didn't come off the wrong way. I thought the trend was weird at first too but now I embrace it, especially for when I only know one album by a certain band.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Wish this was for IKSOSE:3, but I like a lot of the songs on this album. I'll have to listen to it more. Also, guess I should finally check out The Dear Hunter.

muttley likes this.
  12. Cgarnsay

Trusted

They are doing it now because the comics are nearly ready and they will be recording later in the year.

13. tomfrombrick

haha yeah they did! looks like its terminal 5 for me

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

HOLY FUCK, the Dear Hunter are amazing. The only Casey related song I've ever heard is "Planning a Prison Break." And I love it. You'd think I wouldn't have slept on this for so long.

Joe4th likes this.
  15. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Just got my tickets for Terminal 5. Stoked

Joe4th likes this.
  16. tomfrombrick

did terminal 5 already sell out? wtf

17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

going to philly, aw yeah.

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

minneapolis date is on my birthday, it is a sign.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

If anyone's going to the Seattle date, can you post up the encore setlist?

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Any thoughts on what the encore could be? :Looking at Setlist.fm, it looks like during the Neverender tour it was IKSOSE:3, Three Evils and Everything Evil.

21. muttley

I was looking at tickets for this today. I might end up going.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The Dear Hunter setlist:

Regress
    The Moon/Awake
    Wait
    Mustard Gas
    The Most Cursed of Hands
    The Revival
    Echo
    Is There Anybody Here?
    This Body

Coheed encore:

Island
    Delirium Trigger
    In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

23. Joe4th

That's a weird Dear Hunter set, but I'm just glad I get to finally see them. No songs off Act II is a bummer.

About what I expected for the encore for Coheed. I've resigned to the fact I'll never see the Crowing live haha

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Really surprised to not see Waves in there.