Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coheed and Cambria – “Shoulders”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Cool that they are back. Song is okay. Sounds great, though.

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

The verses' riff is a nice progression. The chorus is 100% Coheed and almost reminds me of their Afterman-era sound.

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Agreed - I want more of THAT shit

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This band never misses.

tenspeed likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

Dig it!

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Chorus is a heat wave

333 GANG likes this.
  8. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

That chorus is keeping me coming back and it opened up the track and now it's one of my top favorites from them already.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. johnnyminardi

Newbie Verified

Hell yes

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

IMO this is better than anything off the last album, which felt too ballady for my liking. This is like Coheed meets Royal Blood. I've read a lot of comparisons to The Hard Sell, but I don't really hear it other than the crunchy guitars. This feels more like YOTBR, but is better than 80% of that album.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Jusscali like this.
  11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

That's what the beginning of the chorus reminded me of! I couldn't put my finger on it.

12. tenspeed

I heard recently that coheed qualifies as "dad rock" to which I say gimme that weirdo three-wheeled stroller LET'S DO THIS

13. Excal101

The music slaps but this has to have the weakest lyrics the band has ever put out. Lyrics are generic pop punk band's first EP level. Loved Unheavenly Creatures, looking forward to part 2 and hope its still good.

Jusscali likes this.