Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Code Orange - Forever (January 13th, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aregala, Oct 30, 2016.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Sarcasm I hope? Cause you couldn't be more wrong.

2. Horrorca

Trusted

Pay is a super cool dude

3. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Consider the source tho

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

SDF dude is horrible, so many questionable comments

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

6. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

actually he's very dismissive of cultures other than his own and just as recent as the last week engaged in pretty gross victim blaming, but sure, whatever

Joe4th, sophos34, Aregala and 4 others like this.
  7. cherrywaves Jan 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2017)
    cherrywaves

Trusted

Yo "The Mud" what on earth goddamn, this song is like the halfway point of Disembodied and Onehtrix Point Never

sophos34 and amorningofsleep like this.
  8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

It's weird and angry. I fucking love it.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

I'm kind of pissed at myself for listening to this without the last two tracks, but I am a fan. It's violent, unsettling, and there are definitely traces of Reznor/OPN to be found. Looking forward to more listens

10. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I'm waiting til I can hear it in full

KidLightning likes this.
  11. amorningofsleep

I remember being excited for Roadrunner releases when I was younger. I hope the youths grab this shit hard.

12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I've never seen or heard Pat be like that. Slightly arrogant about his music endeavors, sure. I think anybody would be after signing to Deathwish. Could you link me to what you're referring to? Genuinely curious.

13. Songs like The New Reality and Real are gonna get someone killed in the pit haha

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

lol the band is good no doubt but idk why people talk about CO like they're the heaviest and sickest beat down band in existence. Their formula has been the same since day one and their songs are pretty simple. Kinda wish they'd let the female guitarist take over vocals completely.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. amorningofsleep

I'm seeing them next week, and I'm actually scared to see "The New Reality" live.

16. Uh their formula has changed a good amount from lp to lp

17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Not really. Bleeding in the Blur sure is a much different sound, but the song doesn't have anything memorable in it. Their vocals are essentially always all over the place and jumping between the 3 abrasively. Fast count, feedback, feedback, pit call, extremely heavy power chords, feedback, fast count, breakdown. Essentially switch those around in ten different orders and you've got yourself a COK LP. Their riffs are pretty easy to play too, and I consider myself amateur at guitar.

I'm not trying to shit talk, band is huge now and they started in high school so kudos for all the success they have had. Just not the most original band and they have too much hype. I've seen them 4 times and every set felt the same. I see people on here talk about being fearful seeing them and how insanely heavy they are. Bands like Trap Them, Gaza, Converge were the ones that gave me that feeling.

Petit nain des Îles and swboyd like this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Not trying to shit talk, but here's me talking shit

19. I don't understand why the simplicity of riffs is a bad thing? So many great bands play not at all complex stuff but use it to create memorable important music

coleslawed and amorningofsleep like this.
  20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Because people get bored of it after say 10 songs? Maybe 3 records?

Didn't say I wasn't talking shit, said I was trying not to. I have a lot of respect for this band and any young band that works hard to make it and love playing music, it's just irritating seeing bands like Knocked Loose get shit on in these forums for not having enough diversity. Then you see CO get praised cause they use shock value in music videos and have a lot of teens mosh for them. That makes a band scary or intimidating to see live? It's like the mentality of "I see a lot of people watching this band, so they must be good."

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Revisiting Love is Love and I think it's still their best release. Flowermouth is my favorite track from this band.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

I will agree that there is a bit of a formula they use for melding together heavy parts and ambient passages using jarring transitions. However the execution is so different from LP to LP that implying that this record is similar to Love is Love is kind of crazy.

People don't like this band because "shock value in music videos" and teens moshing; certainly Knocked Loose does/has that too lol. But lots of these "moshy" bands miss out on a lot of the subtleties that this band utilizes in their music.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Oh yeah they definitely do, no denying that. But they're at least switching it up between tracks, incorporating metal riffs, build ups, 2 steps, etc etc. Tone wise they may sound like different records, Forever certainly having the heaviest, most doom sounding tracks ive heard yet. I just can't tell some songs apart.

24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Listening to this record in full now and yeah, can definitely reiterate that kids are straight up going to get killed in the pit to some of these songs. 'Real' makes me want to put my head through a well, and I love how 'Bleeding In the Blur' fits within the context of the album. This record is sick as hell.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  25. amorningofsleep

I have to add, I am loving the little bits of electric sound thrown in here.

TheBaroness likes this.