Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Code Orange - Forever (January 13th, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aregala, Oct 30, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Drew Beringer likes this.
  2. Haha

It's actually completely written for once so I'm ahead of my own curve

cwhit likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

we'll see!!!!!!

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

holy fucking shit this song rules

5. It's truly a near perfect modern hardcore classic

sophos34 likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

bleeding int he blur sorry i know im late lol

7. Haruni

Regular

Ugly is an interesting song. Could see it on modern rock radio stations

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

It's sick I love it. I'm guessing that's Jami's singing? It's dope

9. Horrorca

Trusted

there's an interesting bit on Code Orange vs. the radio on the Self Defense Tumblr

selfdefensemusic.com

10. I like his answer about waiting to hear the whole record before assuming Code Orange is "going for it" because he's right - it's a heavy difficult ambitious record that incorporates a lot of different things that most hardcore or heavy rock bands would never put into their music or risk.

The band takes a ton of risks on Forever and that right there shows that they really aren't aiming for radio play.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

why are people talking about radio in 2017

amorningofsleep, ECV, kyle and 2 others like this.
  12. That's a good question - music fans especially in the hardcore community seem to worry/care about it a lot for some reason

But Pat from SDF is right that even getting regional spins on the radio can make a big deal for a band like Code Orange

coleslawed likes this.
  13. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

pat from SDF is a giant piece of shit so

Aregala and cwhit like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Whether he's right or not is irrelevant. When was the last time a band that sounds remotely like code orange hit radio, if ever? I mean, when Norway is literally about to shut down their entire fm radio station it's like, why are we considering radio? The industry has moved on is all I'm saying

15. Horrorca

Trusted

well...

regardless of relevance, Code Orange, the label (and Pay) consider it important enough to discuss it/have a position on it

which is interesting right

16. Drew Beringer Jan 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2017)
    I mean radio isn't gonna make or break the band and the majority if not everyone on this website doesn't listen to radio - I don't think Code Orange is considering radio especially terrestrial radio but it will make a difference in Midwest states for sure haha

A band like Code Orange has never hit radio and songs like Forever and Kill The Creator are examples of that but blur and ugly can definitely cross over a little bit

MikeyPaine and coleslawed like this.
  17. Ugly is a cool song. Definitely shaping up to be a bit different for them.

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i want to listen to this so badly right now, but i feel 830am is too early to have my ass kicked. gonna hold out to im more awake .

19. zmtr

Trusted

hahaha, same here. gonna wait till lunch

amorningofsleep likes this.
  20. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I fucking love "Real".

Michael Schmidt and matthaber like this.
  21. Haruni

Regular

Radio play will make a difference for my gym workouts when I forget my headphones. Like when black honey and shock me are interspersed w whatever flavor of the week butt rock they're playing.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Horrorca

Trusted

is this streaming or...?

23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

An incomplete version (missing the last 2 tracks) is "out there".

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I was there. This is Hardcore draws an insane crowd. I went every year when I lived there. Honestly makes every band look good lol.