Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Code Orange - Forever (January 13th, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aregala, Oct 30, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i legit DO NOT understand hardcore dancing/moshing, lmao.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  2. cherrywaves

Trusted

I get why people do it. if people aren't crowdkilling or whatever it's fine as an outlet for releasing energy. I don't really fuck with that, but this song makes me want to eat my cereal with cement mix instead of milk

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Moshing is silly when you're not doing it and pretty fun when you are lol

Would never do that now but I definitely get it

4. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Yup, not my thing, but idk whats hard to get lol

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it's two hands holding a face, the "bleeding eye" is the mouth.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Welp

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Co mix? So maybe Kurt helped mix it

8. from my press release

"Recorded with producers Will Yip at Studio 4 in Conshohocken, PA and Kurt Ballou at GodCity Studios in Salem, MA, FOREVER is a jarring and experimental body of work, pushing the envelope with songs like; “Bleeding In The Blur,” “Kill The Creator,” and “Spy""

sophos34 likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

very cool using the two of them, the single sounds great

10. the single is an amazing way to kick off the album and the album only gets crazier from there

sophos34 likes this.
  11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

yessssss the god Kurt Ballou

12. AndrewSoup

do you have an advance of the record already?

13. AndrewSoup

is there still a slower/sludgier track or two in the vein of Dreams In Inertia on this record?

14. there's still some sludge but there is a lot more industrial noise to it and there's a track that sounds like the baby of Adventures and Code Orange haha

AndrewSoup and sophos34 like this.
  15. this quote from Jami from that RS write up truly hits the nail on the head with this album

""Technology is something that I really appreciate, but being someone who comes from hardcore, metal and punk, you're fighting it at the same time," he says. "It's almost like the bridge between those two ideas.""

they do embrace technology with a lot of glitches and industrial noise all while trying to fucking destroy it with their brand of hardcore - it's exhilarating

16. AndrewSoup

NICE that sounds so choice. i can't wait to hear that!

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

is this the hardcore ravedeath 1972

RobbieBerns and amorningofsleep like this.
  18. Horrorca

Trusted

so fucking pumped for this

it is quite obvious that they are fans of Fear Factory, and that seems to influence their sound a bit

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

Drums are very Yip on this track, makes sense.

I can't get over the prerecorded mosh call lol. Interested to see how they integrate electronics. Harm's Way do that as well, another Deathwish band. Their "Blinded" EP is crushing, and has some industrial elements

20. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The new song is insane, some kid is legit going to get killed in the pit to this.

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Listening to the Adventures album and it's so funny to me that the band that (mostly) wrote such a poppy album wrote this song as well.

Also I hope we get a new Adventures album soon. Huuuuge improvement on their EPs

22. Horrorca

Trusted

I thought only Reba was involved in that

23. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Jami and Joe are also in it actually.

Can't stop listening to Forever. When the intro speeds up into the main riff is one of the meanest things Ive ever heard

24. AndrewSoup

that music video, when the red flames came up, i was just blown away. that was so entertaining.
    Max Moore makes such great music videos for so many bands and i am here for it

amorningofsleep likes this.