Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Code of Conduct & Moderation Policy • Page 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Raku

Regular

Might seem silly, but I want to know what the policy on swearing is on this site?

2. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

As far as I know, there is no policy against swearing.

3. Business casual.

coleslawed, Chase Tremaine and Jacob like this.
  4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I'm assuming to not over do it? Most people on here don't overuse swearing, so it's not really a problem.

:teethsmile:

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Don't swear at people. If it comes off as hostile, choose better words. Other than that, have at it I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. alex

notgonz Prestigious

In regards to the "like" button feature, have you considered making it so that users can only see who likes their own posts/how many likes their posts have? I can think of scenarios on other sites, like Facebook or Reddit, where the "like" button itself becomes a kind of passive mob mentality if two+ people are arguing/debating over something, and it can draw lines without adding any substance.

7. Trotsky

Trusted

I just received a warning for "do not encourage violence." My only posts today are the ones below:

Did I seriously get an infraction for saying that I'm okay with certain persons getting wedgies?

Between "wedgies" and getting a *gross* infraction for "buttholes," I'm pretty sure Raffi would be George Carlin here.

8. Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 9.13.36 PM.png

9. Loki

God of mischief

I am glad I finally read these rules. For example, I was going to post in the Michelle Branch news post that I found her to be the most beautiful woman on the planet while I was a kid growing up but was afraid that might fall into the objectification category.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

It comes from both sides. I have had my face rubbed in the dirt, I've been attacked, I've been threatened, I've been insulted and meant to feel like less than a human. I stand by my comments, I always make an effort to understand both sides of a debate, but banning users left and right doesn't solve issues.

11. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Really? [​IMG]
    How on earth is saying someone is beautiful objectification? Are we supposed to call all women uggo freaks?

12. Yes, because those are the only two comment options. /s

Or, hear me out, rather than voicing your personal opinion of a woman's physical appearance (which I'm sure the rest of the thread is just dying to read), you could, uhhhhh, talk about her music? Because she's a musician and this is largely a music-centric forum?

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

If you can't call a woman attractive, then I feel sorry for you homeslice. I remember Chorus having a collective hard-on for St. Vincent, nothing was said then. I have the utmost respect for Chrissy Costanza, Lynn Gunn, Maja Ivarsson and even Marie Osmond based on their musical merit. Your argument is absurd bro. I work with female musicians on a daily basis. I'm guessing you don't.

14. You're missing the point. Nobody gives a fuck who you deem attractive, including those musicians you work with (not even sure why that's relevant). It's not interesting or special and this isn't a forum for that. Anybody can call a woman attractive, but why do you feel the need to do that when there's often so much more to be talked about?

storm likes this.
  15. And for the record, I can't be everywhere at once, but I saw a single shitty comment on a St. Vincent news post a few months back and called that one out as well. Even if it has happened in the past, that doesn't make it appropriate now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Loki

God of mischief

Sorry folks, I didn't mean to start any issue. I was merely pointing out how times have changed for such things. When I was a kid (the height of her popularity) I certainly had different views and standards of what is or isn't appropriate.

17. There's a difference between a kid that doesn't know/hasn't been taght any better vs, a full-blown adult with endless resources at their fingertips to better educate themself. Trust me, you didn't start any issues.

Loki likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.