Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coco (Lee Unkrich, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Dec 7, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

bringing this back because Disney is dumb

Contender and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

saw this for a 2nd time today (i never do this but..moviepass..and i felt like going to movies with gf)

I feel like the movie doesn't really start to pick up until Hector sings his song to the dying old man skeleton. That middle part is where it feels a little 'joy ride'-ish and lags a bit...but not too much.

It's really the music that does it for me... and the ending song is like the perfect "and that's the end of our tale" song, that makes you want to clap at the end.

Frozen short felt longer the 2nd time (still dont get why people are MAD about it...chill)

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Because it’s absurd that a film doesnt start until FORTY minutes after the scheduled start time. If you’re going to do that, you have to get rid of all the previews. And the short itself is terrible.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So it's long. The run time tells you how long the whole thing is gonna be.

Again. Is it a comical length for a short? Yes. But mad to the point where they are getting rid of it seems weird.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Runtime didn't include it for me so I was definitely surprised/annoyed. Yeah, don't think it's really necessary to get that upset, would've just had less previews and given fair warning.

6. ha!

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was a really beautiful film! It's been a long long time since I loved a Pixar movie like this!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We just got back from this. It was really good. I can see why some reviewers were saying it didn't feel "fresh" or whtever, but I honestly didn't see the big twist coming. I thought the whole poison thing was the twist haha.

Miguel singing the song is what got me. I was getting upset before hand, but then he started singing the song and I caved. I know it's supposed to be a 'happy' moment but still.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joe, Contender, GrantCloud and 3 others like this.
  10. CobraKidJon

would watch

11. Dog with a Blog

I wanna buy that. It feels like a collectible haha

Anthony_ likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

hold up is that say Dooney with the OO being the eyes emoji?

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Why do you have to be 18 or older to buy it

14. CobraKidJon

brb while I cry forever

Kingjohn_654, Joe, Serh and 3 others like this.
  15. Finally saw this last week. Tears were shed. So good.

16. radiodead

Trusted

Just watched this with my wife finally and wow. Couldn’t be more pleased the movie was far better than even I expected. Seems like most were saying it was just above average Pixar, couldn’t disagree more. This thing was a total gut punch. Handles huge subject matter so gracefully. Was holding back some emotions for sure.

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I loved this a lot, still think about it a good deal. It's just on the edge of top-tier Pixar for me (like, below the Toy Story films, The Incredibles, Up, Wall-E, Ratatouille, and Inside Out) but it is without a doubt one of their best. Visually alone it's nothing short of marvelous.

18. radiodead

Trusted

Up, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Inside Out, Coco, The Incredibles, Toy Story 1/2/3, Monsters Inc, and Finding Nemo are all top tier.

Finding Dory, Brave, Monsters University, Cars, A Bug’s Life and The Good Dinosaur are all worthy entires to the canon, some better than others, but all good to very good.

Cars 2, not good. Haven’t seen Cars 3.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Not gonna lie, I actually like Coco more than Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo, personally.

radiodead likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Best animated film since Kubo

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I almost couldn't even pay attention to Kubo because I was trying to figure out how they stop-motion animated the whole thing. It is incredible. So is Coco.

22. CobraKidJon

Serh, Contender and irthesteve like this.
  23. CobraKidJon

yeah I'll bring this thread back because quality tweet:

24. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just watched this and absolutely loved it. Another great one for Unkrich and Pixar. Glad we finally got something good from them in 2017 after another Cars movie.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

domotime2 and Kingjohn_654 like this.